Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #20247
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Need Advice-ASAP Body Shop horrors...and my bumper mite have to be replaced!" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Apr-19-02 07:20 AM

#20247, "Need Advice-ASAP Body Shop horrors...and my bumper mite have to be replaced!"

Well, I go over to the body shop today. ONCE AGAIN to see how it's going with my wing and my front.

The front i found in a corner, on TOP of a pile of rubble and metal shards! it was sitting like this " /\ " on top of the shit! It looks like they never even did one god damn thing to the bumper since LAST SATURDAY!

The bumper is now bent horribly in the center where the bottom lip is...its now bent upwards as if someone took a pole under the center of the car and lifted up on it. he SAYS it can be bent back into place. he promises me that if it cant be bent back, then his employee will eat that $500 out of his check and he will either pay me for the bumper or replace it for me.

FUCKERS.

Now, as for the wing? I still have not seen it yet since last saturday. he CLAIMS that it was dropped off somewhere and it will be back, since they couldnt fix the cracks completely, it was still not smooth. WTF? He JUST told me last nite on the phone BOTH where done and ready to be sprayed with clear, that I could pick my shit up TODAY.

In conclusion? Nothing has been done. At all. I have been lied to 5 times now. Twice i have been told by the SAME guy that it was ready, its just drying.

I am stuck with these assholes cause he's fixing the wing for free...but this has gone on way too long!

yesterday he also told me the mesh was cut and they were putting it on the bumper to set in with the adheasive. Well what did i find today? My brand new sheet of mesh i bought at home depot, STILL flat and complete, not even touched...AND in the same spot i left it last saturday.

WHAT DO I DO? What do you suggest? They fucked that bumper up badly by just having it sit on some shit for soooo long evidently that it bent it into the state that its in now. I have never felt so pissed off and so helpless in my entire life.

I need help quick.

He claims it will be done by 5-6pm today. It's 2:45 pm central time rite now. wtf?

This has turned out to be the biggest nightmare i ever experienced in my life with this fucking car. For a bumper??????????????????? NOT worth it if you ask me.

BTW>... DONT EVER TAKE YOUR CAR OR BODY PARTS TO ADVANTAGE BODY SHOP OFF DUNVALE AND RICHMOND IN HOUSTON TX.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
evan2Apr-19-02 07:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3903 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20248, "RE: Need Advice-ASAP Body Shop horrors...and my bumper mite have to be replaced!"
In response to Reply # 0

want me to come to houston so we can burn that bitch down

what i would do is get them to buy you a new stillen and refund the cash for the paint.

and take it somewhere else

I love dino and 2gnt. ####ers (my word) bliz stole it but i let him borrow it

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

vegasdsmrApr-19-02 07:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20249, "RE: Need Advice-ASAP Body Shop horrors...and my bumper mite have to be replaced!"
In response to Reply # 0

mike, sorry all that shit is happenin w/u and your front bumpah...

i would keep a record of all the bullshit, so u dont forget about it. maybe call up the Better Business Bureau, but all u have is a time complaint. if they lie to u its one thing, but if they cheat, and steal its another.

sounds like they cheated u out of your $ in the first place, and now u have to put up with their shit...

good luck mayn,

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

basikstylz (Guest)Apr-19-02 07:49 AM

#20250, "RE: Need Advice-ASAP Body Shop horrors...and my bumper mite have to be replaced!"
In response to Reply # 2

I think evans got the right Idea.... Get ur wing back then make them get u a brand new bumper straight from stillen, and make them refund ur money and take the bumper to a shop that knows what the hell their doin.

Teameclipse804Apr-19-02 08:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#20251, "RE: Need Advice-ASAP Body Shop horrors...and my bumper mite have to be replaced!"
In response to Reply # 3

Yes, the urethane can usually get back into it's normal shape once you get it flat and let it sit in the sun or apply heat. However, most wings cannot be fixed because once they crack, it's really hard to fix the inside of it. Also, take it somewhere else that knows what they are doing. Pay someone good money to do it right. You usually get what you pay for, so hopefully you can be referred by someone to a good shop that might cost more, but be worth it.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

cyanApr-19-02 08:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#20252, "RE: Need Advice-ASAP Body Shop horrors...and my bumper mite have to be replaced!"
In response to Reply # 4

see, its like i been saying all along, fuck urethane bumpers. you wouldnt have had any of these problems had you gone with a fiberglas bumper, but of course, stillenman likes the stillen and its only urethane.

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Apr-19-02 08:48 AM

#20253, "RE: Need Advice-ASAP Body Shop horrors...and my bumper mite have to be replaced!"
In response to Reply # 5

lindsey...i gotta say this man "your one of the biggest smart asses in the world" *shakes hand

hahahah man i have taught you well, my son. hahaha no im not mad at all, im actually laughing now cause lindsey is becoming quite the comedian in my form, haha.

back to topic...i'm still waiting for more replies and advice, and let myself have some time to "meditate" and calm down so that i can make a rash desision. so far i like the idea of letting this smooth over just one more week, and then if nuthin doin i will just get everything back and ask them to replace the bumper if its not bent back to normal, and refund my money for painting it in the beginning. The only thing I dont like about this idea is that i will eat my wing and have to pay to get that fixed.

BUT IM STILL MADDD AS HELL tho.

JohnnyCoronaApr-19-02 09:02 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2002
780 posts,
#20254, "RE: Need Advice-ASAP Body Shop horrors...and my bumper mite have to be replaced!"
In response to Reply # 6

so tell them your mad as hell, not us. dealing with body shops is not like dealing with your local grocer. they are not gonna go out of their way and help you out unless you scare them. they dont give a shit, body shops in most towns are always gonna have enough business coming in, they need to rely on word of mouth. personally, i would have them fixin that shit for free or id take it some place else, if it costs more so what. whoever said you get what you pay for up there is right.

-johnny

"Few people understand
the psychology of dealing
with a highway traffic cop.
Normal speeders will panic
and immidiately pull over to
the side. This is wrong. It
arouses content in the cop
heart. Make the bastard
chase you, he will follow..."

http://homepage.mac.com/
johnnycorona/signature/logo.jpg

-johnny

"Few people understand
the psychology of dealing
with a highway traffic cop.
Normal speeders will panic
and immidiately pull over to
the side. This is wrong. It
arouses co

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Apr-19-02 09:05 AM

#20255, "RE: Need Advice-ASAP Body Shop horrors...and my bumper mite have to be replaced!"
In response to Reply # 7

unfortunately, ur rite.

98GST16Apr-19-02 12:36 PM
Member since Jan 20th 2002
312 posts,
#20256, "RE: Need Advice-ASAP Body Shop horrors...and my bumper mite have to be replaced!"
In response to Reply # 8

OK, all you houston 2gnt'ers. Show some support here. Everyone paint some damn signs up and picket that shop! Go back to that shop, say-get it done by whatever date, or I want that bumper replaced and my money back or we can take this to court.
Small claims court cost $30.00 here to file a claim and you don't need a lawyer. Maybe set up in Tex like this too.

klipzracerApr-19-02 01:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#20257, "RE: Need Advice-ASAP Body Shop horrors...and my bumper mite have to be replaced!"
In response to Reply # 9

yeah like they said mikey, threaten then. take pictures and if they ask say "this is for my record" or some $hit. act like you're gonna threaten them wif a lawsuit if they don't have everything done within a weeks time. get in dat a$$ like an enima!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #20247 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic