Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104992
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Headlights..." 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
iamnotwhoiamOct-28-10 05:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104992, "Headlights..."

I'm debating replacing my 95-96 style headlights with either the 97+ style or maybe something along the lines of the following...

I have the 97+ styled talon and i love the bumper so if i go with the 97+ lights I'll have that slight gap which will probably be ok as I did it with my 95 eclipse and bumper and it looked good.

just trying to get some opinions...

Thanks.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
electroheadOct-28-10 09:23 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104993, "RE: Headlights..."
In response to Reply # 0

If you go with the projector headlights, get an HID kit as well. The projector lights don't light up as well as the OEM reflector headlights. That, and the OEM headlight height adjustments are easier. I had the black versions of the the lights you pictured, and they were hardwired due to the lack of OEM plugs. I'd say polish up the OEM lights and get the protective film on them, maybe even get the smoked film.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

iamnotwhoiamOct-28-10 10:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#104994, "RE: Headlights..."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by electrohead
If you go with the projector headlights, get an HID kit as well. The projector lights don't light up as well as the OEM reflector headlights. That, and the OEM headlight height adjustments are easier. I had the black versions of the the lights you pictured, and they were hardwired due to the lack of OEM plugs. I'd say polish up the OEM lights and get the protective film on them, maybe even get the smoked film.

I was curious if any of these projector headlights were ever improved on since years ago and it seems they have not. I would like to later do HID as well.. would it be better to do the HID in projector style or the oem?

Also any comments on going 97+ style headlights with the 2gb talon front?

this is a picture of my 95 when I changed over to the 97 style with my 95 front bumper and I kind of liked it.

-Jason

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677

electroheadOct-29-10 10:14 AM
182 posts,
#104995, "RE: Headlights..."
In response to Reply # 2

I`d keep the OEM lights and get an HID kit. But be sure cops around where you live don`t mess with aftermarket HID kits first. Reflector headlights don`t focus the beam like projector lights. Instead they scatter the light and may make it look like your running high beams, depending what kit you run. But it really depends on the cops. If they`re cool, they`ll leave you alone. But if they`re not, they`ll just try to bust you for anything.

RoninEclipse2GOct-29-10 06:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104996, "RE: Headlights..."
In response to Reply # 3

Bake them and paint the housings black. Aftermarket projectors suck ass.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

electroheadOct-29-10 07:46 PM
182 posts,
#104997, "RE: Headlights..."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Bake them and paint the housings black. Aftermarket projectors suck ass.

That's the best and most direct way to say it. lol.

alternativesurfOct-30-10 02:29 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2010
10 posts,
#104998, "RE: Headlights..."
In response to Reply # 0
Oct-30-10 02:30 AM by alternativesurf

Go this route and you'll never have a problem with the cops.

Take your stockers

Bake them:

Source a pair of OEM HID projectors (Like tsx's)
Mount and install:

Bake them back together and mount on car:

Then you end up with a great headlight:

If you haven't picked up on what I'm suggesting, Retro the thing. Youll thank yourself.
And for more help hidplanet.com/forums

iamnotwhoiamOct-30-10 07:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#104999, "RE: Headlights..."
In response to Reply # 6

ok.. that is sweet!

I think I may have to go down that route..

-Jason

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677

VendorRed90SevNov-03-10 05:46 AM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
#105008, "RE: Headlights..."
In response to Reply # 7

This is definitely my next project for the winter!

VendorRed90SevNov-09-10 01:47 AM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
#105021, "RE: Headlights..."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by alternativesurf
Go this route and you'll never have a problem with the cops. Take your stockers Bake them:
Source a pair of OEM HID projectors (Like tsx's) Mount and install: Bake them back together and mount on car:
Then you end up with a great headlight:
If you haven't picked up on what I'm suggesting, Retro the thing. Youll thank yourself. And for more help hidplanet.com/forums

Hey, did you happen to put a how to together on making those?

Babbz413Nov-09-10 11:23 AM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#105022, "RE: Headlights..."
In response to Reply # 9

Based on your pictures of the 2gb headlights matched with the 2ga front, id say keep the headlights the bumper is designed for, that gap is too much for my liking.

95 GS Boosted

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #104992 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic