Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #102957
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Aerocatch hood pin install" This topic is locked.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
abnt89Feb-19-09 09:42 AM
Member since Dec 10th 2008
58 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102957, "Aerocatch hood pin install"
Feb-19-09 09:43 AM by abnt89

Hey guys, I just got a carbon fiber hood for $200!! I want to put those aerocatch hood pins on it but i just wanted to make sure there isn't some special way to cut carbon fiber before i cut two big ass holes in the hood. Otherwise i was just going to take a dremel to it. TIA

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
RoninEclipse2GFeb-19-09 01:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102959, "RE: Aerocatch hood pin install"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by abnt89
Hey guys, I just got a carbon fiber hood for $200!! I want to put those aerocatch hood pins on it but i just wanted to make sure there isn't some special way to cut carbon fiber before i cut two big ass holes in the hood. Otherwise i was just going to take a dremel to it. TIA

put some masking tape over the area to be cut to prevent splintering, cut slowly and smoothly. remember to cut inside the lines and work out as needed (don't want to make a big gap that looks like ass )

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

NemoFeb-20-09 04:54 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2008
366 posts,
#102961, "RE: Aerocatch hood pin install"
In response to Reply # 1

Right. Use the tape with high rpm and light pressure-especially when breaking through-which is almost instantly. BTW, congrats on the price.

john97esFeb-21-09 11:49 AM
Member since Jul 11th 2007
18 posts,
#102963, "RE: Aerocatch hood pin install"
In response to Reply # 2

Agreed. That's how I cut holes for mine. Masking tape and high rpms with my dremel, cutting very slowly.

built and boosted 420a avenger

foggy45Feb-21-09 01:30 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#102964, "RE: Aerocatch hood pin install"
In response to Reply # 3

make sure you wear a respirator carbon fibers suck to get them 1n your lungs

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

RoninEclipse2GFeb-21-09 02:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#102965, "RE: Aerocatch hood pin install"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by foggy45
make sure you wear a respirator carbon fibers suck to get them 1n your lungs

good catch, or at least a dust mask and goggles, they're not fun in the eyes either.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

abnt89Feb-22-09 07:28 PM
58 posts,
#102966, "RE: Aerocatch hood pin install"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by foggy45 make sure you wear a respirator carbon fibers suck to get them 1n your lungs

Yea thats what i was planning on doing. I saw a video of someone cutting a hood and the dust was going everywhere.

Thanks for all the info.

97AllMtrFeb-23-09 05:07 PM
Member since Jul 20th 2007
175 posts,
#102968, "RE: Aerocatch hood pin install"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by foggy45 make sure you wear a respirator carbon fibers suck to get them 1n your lungs
Yea thats what i was planning on doing. I saw a video of someone cutting a hood and the dust was going everywhere. Thanks for all the info.

Post pics when you're done with the install please.

abnt89Feb-23-09 10:03 PM
58 posts,
#102971, "RE: Aerocatch hood pin install"
In response to Reply # 7

Ok i will post some pics when I'm done and maybe some while I'm in the process of cutting the hood. It'll be a little bit though because I'm not putting the hood on until I get the latches on, I don't want to risk it even a little bit. I was also wondering if anyone else has installed any of the aerocatch latches before?

dalesmitsuFeb-25-09 12:32 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#102977, "RE: Aerocatch hood pin install"
In response to Reply # 8

Ok i will post some pics when I'm done and maybe some while I'm in the process of cutting the hood. It'll be a little bit though because I'm not putting the hood on until I get the latches on, I don't want to risk it even a little bit. I was also wondering if anyone else has installed any of the aerocatch latches before?

I read an install guide for the Aerocatch pins from Project Car.

If you want I could pm you the info. or post it here the extra info don't hurt.

abnt89Feb-25-09 10:25 PM
58 posts,
#102982, "RE: Aerocatch hood pin install"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Originally posted by abnt89 Ok i will post some pics when I'm done and maybe some while I'm in the process of cutting the hood. It'll be a little bit though because I'm not putting the hood on until I get the latches on, I don't want to risk it even a little bit. I was also wondering if anyone else has installed any of the aerocatch latches before?
I read an install guide for the Aerocatch pins from Project Car. If you want I could pm you the info. or post it here the extra info don't hurt.

I think I know what to do but if you don't mind you can go ahead and post it up in here. Thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #102957 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic