Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #79502
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
TheOctaneDec-15-04 12:23 PM
Member since Oct 26th 2004
121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79502, "Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?"

Has anyone managed to get the center part of our tailights to light up? Me and my uncle have some ideas and we can make it work but im not sure exactly how cool it will look. If anyone has any pics please post them up so i can see them. Thanks!

1999 GS hopefully T soon enough!
http://imageshack.us>

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
EclipseTenzoRDec-15-04 12:24 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79503, "RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?"
In response to Reply # 0

I have seen it done, and didnt look as great as I thought it would look, I suggest just getting the center piece painted to match the rest of the car. That in my opinion just looks bad ass.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ArkDec-15-04 12:34 PM
Member since Aug 31st 2004
1570 posts,
#79504, "RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?"
In response to Reply # 1
Dec-15-04 12:35 PM by Ark

PM azdave

http://www.azflight.com/rcaz/sub%20indexes/eclipsecenterlight/index.htm

forums.kaptainmyke.com/index.php?&act=garage&CODE=12&CID=8
- AGP CAI
- AGP EVM
- MOPAR Stage 1 ECU
- 500cc Injectors

And he wonders why he couldn't make her happy...and someone obviously hasnt moved on. lol

eclipse982nrRSTDec-15-04 02:21 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#79509, "RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?"
In response to Reply # 2

i have. all i did was take some old bumper marker lense's i had laying around and took the bulb socket/wiring and bulbs out of the lenses and then drilled a small hole in the 2 lights in the center piece and then stuck the lights in them and then just used some silicone to seal them in there. if and when they burn out, just rip them out and change them and then re-seal them. pretty ghetto, but i had to use some small bulbs to make them fit.
if you look real close in the center piece, in the middle of the two circles, you can see the bulbs, they look kinda black....
oh ya, i wired them to my brake lights as well ....

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

goalieman24Dec-15-04 04:39 PM
Member since Sep 13th 2003
174 posts,
#79513, "RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?"
In response to Reply # 3

there was a good write up somewhere making it pretty simple.. i forget where though

DJ420aDec-15-04 05:10 PM
Member since May 19th 2004
1219 posts,
#79517, "RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?"
In response to Reply # 4

I did, but I used an Altezza center piece. Didnt look too bad. I converted back to stock tail and I am definitley interested in that LED mod, if anyone can help me with that.

eclipse982nrRSTDec-16-04 02:01 AM
6314 posts,
#79524, "RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?"
In response to Reply # 5

lol i just told you one of the most easiest ways to do it.
-take the socket/bulb/wiring from the bumper lense.
-drill a hole in the center center section/ or two if your using a altezza piece like i did.
-stick the socket/bulb into that hole
-silicone around it.
-let dry
-wire to brake lights or just the regular lights.

its ghetto, but by far the easiest way i thin

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

azdaveDec-16-04 06:36 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
694 posts,
#79530, "RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?"
In response to Reply # 6

I have been working on a project to convert the left, center and right tail lamps to entirely LED lit parts. I am very picky about how my car looks and I won't just stick in some LED's or bulbs and call it good. No offense but, I've not seen a lighted center piece that looked like a factory job. They usually have very unbalanced lighting and don't match the right and left tails at all. I love to tinker on projects like this and if it all works out I'll post about the success. I have future plans for the LED lighting and that is why I didn't just use stock filament type bulbs to convert the center piece.

Here is the prototype centerpiece with LED's.

Here is how red LEDs look next to stock tail lamps. See how much orange there is with the stock lamps?

Here is the stock tail lamp

Here is the prototype LED tail lamp

injendsmDec-16-04 06:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#79531, "RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by azdave
I have been working on a project to convert the left, center and right tail lamps to entirely LED lit parts. I am very picky about how my car looks and I won't just stick in some LED's or bulbs and call it good. No offense but, I've not seen a lighted center piece that looked like a factory job. They usually have very unbalanced lighting and don't match the right and left tails at all. I love to tinker on projects like this and if it all works out I'll post about the success. I have future plans for the LED lighting and that is why I didn't just use stock filament type bulbs to convert the center piece. Here is the prototype centerpiece with LED's. Here is how red LEDs look next to stock tail lamps. See how much orange there is with the stock lamps? Here is the stock tail lamp Here is the prototype LED tail lamp

if you could get that done successfully and maybe make a kit on the side, id buy it off you.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

DJ420aDec-16-04 10:56 AM
Member since May 19th 2004
1219 posts,
#79543, "RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?"
In response to Reply # 8

I def. would aswell. That is what I was talkin about. Ive already did the drilling thing. Im done with that. I want mine to look like that.

eclipse982nrRSTDec-16-04 12:22 PM
6314 posts,
#79556, "RE: Anyone manage to get the center piece to light up?"
In response to Reply # 9

ya thats hottt:thumbsup

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #79502 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic