Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #8394
View in threaded mode

Subject: "how many of you...." Previous topic | Next topic
1TuffRSNov-14-01 04:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8394, "how many of you...."

Have stock directional wheels that go the wrong direction??? I know one side of my car has the wheels going in the wrong direction and I hate it. On a side note, to those out there w/ 14's what pressure do you run in your tires for daily everyday driving, my pressure is low and I think that is causing me a bumpy ride (atleast thats what the guy at dsmtalk said)

-Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed
GST exhaust | custom cold air intake | axxis pads | Hurricane_GS shifter | Progress Springs | Rockford Fosgate MP3 Player & Speakers
TDaug@yahoo.com

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
fauchpjNov-14-01 05:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8395, "RE: how many of you...."
In response to Reply # 0

just take the tires that are on the left and put them on the right and vice-versa. i think that will work

96 RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1TuffRSNov-14-01 07:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#8396, "RE: how many of you...."
In response to Reply # 1

No, i thought about that, but they flow in the right direction on the right side of the car and flow in the wrong direction on the left hand side. I have four right side wheels

-Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed
GST exhaust | custom cold air intake | axxis pads | Hurricane_GS shifter | Progress Springs | Rockford Fosgate MP3 Player & Speakers
TDaug@yahoo.com

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

Teameclipse804Nov-14-01 07:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#8397, "RE: how many of you...."
In response to Reply # 2

They must have mounted them wrong then. The only potential problem is in the rain, because directional tread is meant to diffuse water only one way. You might want to get that fixed if you will be driving on a lot of wet roads

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://www.importvenom.com
Import Venom - Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Fast420ANov-14-01 07:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#8398, "RE: how many of you...."
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah you don't want the tread forcing the water towards the center of the tire, you want it to force it to the edge so it goes out from under the tire.

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/

All Motor Beast in need of MAJOR TUNING

Perf:
KYB AGX Struts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
5 Strut Bars (2 F/U, F/L, R/U, R/L)
Sprint Front Camber Kit
$15 Rear Camber Kit
Corbin's A/F Gauge
MSD DIS-2 Ignition System
Some Regrind Cams that need High Compression (which I don't have)
Ported Intake Manifold
Ported Throttle Body
Nameless Cold Air Intake with a K&N Filter
Custom 2 1/2 inch exhaust with Dual DTM Muffler
Empty Catalytic Convertor
Energy Suspension Motor Mount inserts
Hurricane_GS Short Shifter
Symborsky Shift Kit
Clutchmasters Stage 3 Modular
225/50/16inch Wheels and Tires

Audio:
Alpine CD Head Unit
Alpine Flex4 25W X 4 for Fronts and Rears
Alpine V-12 450W X 1 for Subs
Infinity Reference Series 5 1/4 and 1 inch tweeter component systems for fronts and rears
Blaupunkt 3 way 6x9's in the rears
3 MTX 5000 10" 12 ohm subs running 4 ohms mono

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

slacker911Nov-15-01 06:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1149 posts,
#8399, "RE: how many of you...."
In response to Reply # 4

I think he means the star rim they all go the same way. There is a simple awnser to this it is because mitsu found it cheaper to make all of them the same it was like a 500$ option to get two going one way and two going the other.

Coming soon.......
Good Vibrations Performance & Audio
gvperformance@hotmail.com

Mods- AEM cai, Apexi megaphone dunk exaust, and a lot of interior mods in the works.

My Car
http://members.sounddomain.com/theslacker911

Slacker Motorsports
Some stuff......

1TuffRSNov-15-01 07:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#8400, "RE: how many of you...."
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah, thanks slacker that is what I meant. Damn a $500 option. Well seeing as how I am the second owner and the first was some cheap ass female(the car came with nothing but a radio), who hardly ever drove the car I can see why my rims flow in the same direction.

-Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed
TDaug@yahoo.com

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

HondaHater21Nov-15-01 01:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1750 posts,
#8401, "RE: how many of you...."
In response to Reply # 0

Im gessing you have the stock 14s right? They are not directionals! no mater whay you do one side will always be diferent. Most companys do it that way so they dont have to change the molds. If you look at all the other cars on the road(cavilers, hondas ext) you will see that both sides are different. also the corect tire pressure for a eclipse with 14's is 32/29, you can check what it is by looking on the inside of the doorjam.

"Only Pirates Should Say R"

http://www.geocities.com/hondahater21

"Only Pirates Say R"
hondahater21@hotmail.com
www.geocities.com/hondahater21

Change Your own Blinker Fluid! --> http://geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/

ImposterMurix (Guest)Nov-15-01 01:54 PM

#8402, "RE: how many of you...."
In response to Reply # 7

mine are 32s
kaptain MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage IV+
Sitting and collecting dust most of the time..
A.D.P
http://www.murix.com

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #8394 Previous topic | Next topic