Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #11520
View in threaded mode

Subject: "sideskirts??" Previous topic | Next topic
1TuffRSJan-06-02 05:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11520, "sideskirts??"

Now that I have my rims and exhaust taken care of, I think the next thing I am going to purchase for my ride are some sideskirts. I havent decided whether I want Blitz Type 2 or the kaminari sides, but what would be the best place to order them from??? tia

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamicjeclipseJan-06-02 05:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11521, "RE: sideskirts??"
In response to Reply # 0

get the type 2 form vis and the kaminari's from kaminari . I think you get like 15% off if you mention speedoptions.com

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1TuffRSJan-07-02 02:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#11522, "RE: sideskirts??"
In response to Reply # 1

is that where you ordered yours from?? They have a disclaimer on the site saying you cant return anything no matter what. How well do they fit and how much should I expect to pay to have them put on

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

TeamicjeclipseJan-07-02 04:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#11523, "RE: sideskirts??"
In response to Reply # 2

Yes i bought mine straight from vis. But i only live an hour away from them. They fit good. I didn't modify them at all. Marcus has them too and i don't think he had any problems with the install either. I don't know about the install but i bet you could do it your self. Its fairly easy. only 6 screws on each side.

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Teameclipse804Jan-07-02 06:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#11524, "RE: sideskirts??"
In response to Reply # 3

Ya mine fit relatively well, except on one side there was a gap between the skirt and the quarter panel area. I had to bondo that. And it still rubs where I close my door because there is just too little room under our cars for the skirts.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

9D9 MITSU RSJan-07-02 07:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#11525, "RE: sideskirts??"
In response to Reply # 4

so, they have to be molded? I ordered them. If so, I'mma save up and go sunset tangerine pearl. If not, they'll go on silver when they finally get here.

Teameclipse804Jan-07-02 07:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#11526, "RE: sideskirts??"
In response to Reply # 5

No they don't have to be molded to the car. What I meant was there was a gap that I had to fill in using bondo, because there was about a quarter inch of space between the top of the skirt and the car. But no, you don't need to mold the skirts onto the car (I would not suggest doing that because if you ever crack it, then you're screwed).

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

9D9 MITSU RSJan-07-02 07:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#11527, "RE: sideskirts??"
In response to Reply # 6

I knew there would be a lil gap. That's not that bad is it? How long does it take VIS to ship stuff? I ordered b4 Christmas, and still nothing.

Teameclipse804Jan-07-02 07:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#11528, "RE: sideskirts??"
In response to Reply # 7

Usually they lag forever. Ian got lucky and got it the day he wanted it. I ordered it and waited two weeks for my skirts before I could pick it up from them (no shipping). I would give them a total of 3 weeks to get to you, and if not, give them a call.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #11520 Previous topic | Next topic