Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #99170
View in threaded mode

Subject: ""Eclipse" Lettering and Headlights" Previous topic | Next topic
Shadow2877Jun-13-07 08:49 PM
Member since Apr 15th 2007
67 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99170, ""Eclipse" Lettering and Headlights"
Jun-13-07 08:51 PM by Shadow2877

Im looking at differnt options for the exterior of my car, I have already decided to go back to the stock body with a pearl white painted shell but I am starting to look into differnt headlight and possible taillight options for the car. My questions are the following:

1) Anyone know where I could get the "Eclipse" lettering for the rear lights?

2) I have been looking at differnt projectors for the car, Has anyone ever herd of or used parts from Spyder Auto?
http://www.andysautosport.com/mitsubishi/1995_1999_eclipse/lights/headlights/spyder_auto/

Thanks guys,
-Cody

---------------------------------------
1997 Eclipse GS
Current Working On:
Suspension/Handling

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
azdaveJun-14-07 04:22 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
694 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99171, "RE: "Eclipse" Lettering and Headlights"
In response to Reply # 0

Dealer for lettering?

Those lights are the same as found on ebay only they are asking twice as much on that site. They are not PNP. You have to do some wire swapping. The hardcoat on the lens exterior will start to peel after about a year.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

R34EclipseJun-14-07 04:31 AM
Member since Oct 01st 2005
706 posts,
#99172, "RE: "Eclipse" Lettering and Headlights"
In response to Reply # 1

http://machv.com/ecrale2gre.html

-----------------------------------
97 RS-T, STAR Stage 2, HAHN FMIC, Decah Lambo Doors, 19" Axis Hiros, Built 420a - SOLD
2004 - G35 6MT 20" HREs & Tein Flex
-----------------------------------

NightfallJun-14-07 04:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#99173, "RE: "Eclipse" Lettering and Headlights"
In response to Reply # 2
Jun-14-07 04:44 AM by Nightfall

I think the lettering off an 06+ would look better and also be different. Probobly the only thing about a 4g I can honestly say I like lol. This is what I plan on doing once I get my car painted.

RoninEclipse2GJun-14-07 07:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#99174, "RE: "Eclipse" Lettering and Headlights"
In response to Reply # 3

that lettering might work, gonna be dealer only. if you like those lights I have em too, ebay them for half the cost, get some clearmask put on em or just spray them with a good clearcoat to seal the lenses from delaminating. they come WAY out of aim and it works best to just sit in a dark parking lot and aim them where you like them, the garagedoor/wall trick won't get them anywhere near a decent aim. I'm looking at possibly doing a HID retro like AzDave did, his site http://www.rcaz.com/default_automotive.htm has a ton of useful info.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Shadow2877Jun-14-07 09:30 AM
67 posts,
#99179, "RE: "Eclipse" Lettering and Headlights"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
that lettering might work, gonna be dealer only. if you like those lights I have em too, ebay them for half the cost, get some clearmask put on em or just spray them with a good clearcoat to seal the lenses from delaminating. they come WAY out of aim and it works best to just sit in a dark parking lot and aim them where you like them, the garagedoor/wall trick won't get them anywhere near a decent aim. I'm looking at possibly doing a HID retro like AzDave did, his site http://www.rcaz.com/default_automotive.htm has a ton of useful info.

Thanks guys for the help,

I also pmed you RoninEclipse2G about those lights

1997 Eclipse GS
Current Working On:
Suspension/Handling

2GeclipseRSJun-14-07 11:28 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#99184, "RE: "Eclipse" Lettering and Headlights"
In response to Reply # 5

Go with the blue halos!!!!

4g lettering would look rad.

Mach V charges way to much for some of their stuff. SHOP AROUND and MAKE PHONE CALLS. Google is your friend.

dsmmythJun-14-07 04:16 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#99188, "RE: "Eclipse" Lettering and Headlights"
In response to Reply # 3
Jun-14-07 04:21 PM by dsmmyth

Originally posted by Nightfall
I think the lettering off an 06+ would look better and also be different. Probobly the only thing about a 4g I can honestly say I like lol. This is what I plan on doing once I get my car painted.

Someone already did it on Tuners years ago and it looked like piss.

Cody, I have a stock centerpiece sitting here (1.5 hrs away), but the letters aren't chrome anymore, they're just kind of dull. You can always recoat it if you want. Let me know if you want it.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

Shadow2877Jun-14-07 10:47 PM
67 posts,
#99190, "RE: "Eclipse" Lettering and Headlights"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by dsmmyth
Originally posted by Nightfall I think the lettering off an 06+ would look better and also be different. Probobly the only thing about a 4g I can honestly say I like lol. This is what I plan on doing once I get my car painted.
Someone already did it on Tuners years ago and it looked like piss. Cody, I have a stock centerpiece sitting here (1.5 hrs away), but the letters aren't chrome anymore, they're just kind of dull. You can always recoat it if you want. Let me know if you want it.

I sent you a message thanks bro.

-Cody

1997 Eclipse GS
Current Working On:
Suspension/Handling

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #99170 Previous topic | Next topic