Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #76132
View in threaded mode

Subject: "headlight foggyness" Previous topic | Next topic
kelvinb1Aug-22-04 06:26 AM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76132, "headlight foggyness"

my headlights i have are foggy. i attempted the wetsand/wax job but they are still foggy. i sanded from 600-1000-1500. im hoping they are like this cause i forgot the 800 grit. they are clear when wet but once they dry they are foggy again. any ideas?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
SteveAug-22-04 06:43 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
1542 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#76133, "RE: headlight foggyness"
In response to Reply # 0

is it a yellowish dirty fog?...try some mothers mag aluminum polish.

Steve-o
Top secret.

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I guess I'll just have to live with a 500+ hp AWD 4-banger.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

import1996rsAug-22-04 06:43 AM
Member since Jun 06th 2004
277 posts,
#76134, "RE: headlight foggyness"
In response to Reply # 0

i got this stuff called PLastic and headlight resurfacer/protetor. its made by bright solutions Inc. its a three step process with all this stuff and it cleared my head light up real nice. you could try that out. cost me nothing because i got it from work, but its not expensive at all. website is symtechcorp.net you could check it out.

kelvinb1Aug-22-04 06:46 AM
1543 posts,
#76135, "RE: headlight foggyness"
In response to Reply # 2

this is actually my 97 style headlight. im thinking that some rubbing compound/finer grit sandpaper may heal it. i just dont understand why water makes it clear...im assuming it just fills in wheres its not even

coppereclipse95Aug-22-04 06:55 AM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
1068 posts,
#76136, "RE: headlight foggyness"
In response to Reply # 3

buffer and some compound should do the trick!

1995 Eclipse RS

96eclipse2nrAug-22-04 09:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#76137, "RE: headlight foggyness"
In response to Reply # 4

i use blue magic or something like that (polish) for metal, FG, and plastic...does wonders for my 96 lights...so im sure it will do good on yours. it can be had at wally world

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

kelvinb1Aug-22-04 10:08 AM
1543 posts,
#76138, "RE: headlight foggyness"
In response to Reply # 5

im hitting wally world. thanks people

happyhippiechicAug-26-04 09:51 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2004
14 posts,
#76310, "RE: headlight foggyness"
In response to Reply # 6

i just wet sanded mine a few weeks ago. i sanded from 600-1500 as well then used some 3m rubbing compound with a buffer at low speed. mine turned out great although i see one spot on one of them i could have sanded better. its a got a rough spot like i missed it or something.

"Hear me now, I have seen the light. They have a consciousness! They have a life! They have a soul. Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses. Save our brothers. Can I get an amen. Can I get a hallelujah. Thank you, Jesus."

BuckNuttyAug-26-04 10:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#76314, "RE: headlight foggyness"
In response to Reply # 7

anyone tried toothpaste?

EclipseTenzoRAug-28-04 09:26 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#76374, "RE: headlight foggyness"
In response to Reply # 8

I tried toothpaste and the results were minimal

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

MitsuEclipseGSAug-28-04 10:11 AM
Member since Dec 30th 2003
375 posts,
#76376, "RE: headlight foggyness"
In response to Reply # 9

on az2gnt they talked about using nail polish remover. i used it on my and it worked pretty good. you just have to buff it afterwards with some nice polish.
-Todd

Star Stage II, Greddy Type S, ADFX 3" DP, blah blah blah

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #76132 Previous topic | Next topic