Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #52949
View in threaded mode

Subject: " How should I have my hood done?" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
9D9 MITSU RSJul-16-03 07:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52949, "Poll question: How should I have my hood done?"

I don't think the hood paintjob flows well with my new front. New front is rounded out more and isn't as edgy as the previous. So, the cf left on the hood has corners at the front. I am steering towards rounding them out. BUT, I am tempted to just light coat it so the cf design shows thru silver. That can be done can't it? Or should I just go with the same design I have and just round those corners off instead? I even thought about tracing the inside of the vent with a thin line of silver. Discuss.

Poll result (27 votes)
whole thing done silver where cf design shows thru (1 votes)Vote
leave it the same (16 votes)Vote
instead of corners, round it out to flow better (5 votes)Vote
paint it all silver (5 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
9D9 MITSU RSJul-16-03 07:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52953, "RE: How should I have my hood done?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm gonna go ask about prices tomorrow. So, hurry up and post, bishes! I need some help figuring out something. I think the cf design showing thru may look different.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

finxsterJul-16-03 08:11 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2003
252 posts,
#52955, "RE: How should I have my hood done?"
In response to Reply # 1

I think it looks good like it is. post some pics of the hood if you can. show it from a top angle.

http://photos.freeserve.com/public/detail.html?c_album=400479
Member#3206(LOL)

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself...

where the hell is the ceiling?

9D9 MITSU RSJul-16-03 08:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#52965, "RE: How should I have my hood done?"
In response to Reply # 2
Jul-16-03 08:58 PM by 9D9 MITSU RS

b4 fog lights went in. but here it is: only 1 I had and some dumbass ruined the pic. btw- come on. 34 views and 3 votes? All u have to do is click a choice. Why even read a poll if ur not gonna participate?

1998EclipseRSJul-16-03 09:16 PM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
#52971, "RE: How should I have my hood done?"
In response to Reply # 3

Where is the "remove flames" option... Ha, just kidding. shoulda just left it all CF... you have a *pretty* clean car...

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

9D9 MITSU RSJul-16-03 09:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#52973, "RE: How should I have my hood done?"
In response to Reply # 4

I just wanted to do something different than just slapping it on. I like it all cf, but I wanted to make people trip. I always have noobs ask- hey, how'd u get the cf in the center? lol. And people are like- PAINTED CF?!?!?? I just always think about what to do to try and make the car stand out with some sorta new effect. The paint mixed with clear sprayed over it may be that new effect. Really sounds pretty new for my area. I have never personally seen it done either.

chrysler kidJul-16-03 09:58 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#52974, "RE: How should I have my hood done?"
In response to Reply # 5
Jul-16-03 09:59 PM by chrysler kid

honestly i think the black of the hood flows great with the black of the headlights. the flames are the worst part of the car. remove them or DIE!!!! nah seriously make the flames black or c/f. 3 colors just looks WAYYY to disorganized and cheap. or mebbe paint the inside of the headlights the same blue as the flame and the hood inerts blue too

err mebbe c/f projectors would bee cool too

11.65 @ 115

9D9 MITSU RSJul-16-03 10:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#52976, "RE: How should I have my hood done?"
In response to Reply # 6
Jul-16-03 10:07 PM by 9D9 MITSU RS

imo, 3 colors are fine. I have the grill in the vent blue. I'm removing the flames as soon as I can have the car painted. Which won't be anytime soon. The bodyshop said he'd give me a deal. He just meant same color, with pearl and maybe graphics. I want a full color change. I painted some of the hood to kinda take away some of the black. Here- I love this pic. Maybe it'll change ur mind. (I doubt it)

chrysler kidJul-16-03 10:25 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#52981, "RE: How should I have my hood done?"
In response to Reply # 7

ahh i cant like 3 colors, its just not my thing. well paint the hedlights blue then too. Honestly flames arent bad if you painted the headlights to match IMO. mebbe they can repaint the car after tha targa.

11.65 @ 115

9D9 MITSU RSJul-16-03 10:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#52982, "RE: How should I have my hood done?"
In response to Reply # 8

>ahh i cant like 3 colors, its just not my thing. well
>paint the hedlights blue then too. Honestly flames arent bad
>if you painted the headlights to match IMO. mebbe they can
>repaint the car after tha targa.
The bodyshop is BSin on targa now. He said he'd hook me up. But he seems to be taking his time. Next summer it better be done. LOL. My friend got sponsored. He's not doing shows and wants to sell his celica. So, the shop owner even told me- "I wish I woulda put that work into ur car instead. You do shows a lot more than he does. And he is too picky." He daily drives it and if it gets 1 microscopic speck. REPAINT IT! He went to his house (shop is beside the house) at 2am for him to buff the car for a show the next day. I couldn't have that shit. He's my friend, but he is being an ass with this hookup. Taking it for granted. I hope to get a great hookup since his advertisement car is now out of the local scene. He's still trying to finish the neon targa. His son won't install the damn roll cage they built. He just wants to have it out b4 anyone else has targa. Then we're building him an uber nice tranny. I'll clean it good enough to eat off of and hook him up with the best parts. Then I get a deal on targa. Whew. Lots of words.

Mr MikeJul-16-03 10:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#52983, "RE: How should I have my hood done?"
In response to Reply # 8

I don't know if House of Kolours makes a silver Kandy, but that would let the cf show through while still being silver.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #52949 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic