Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105923
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Bringing my car back to stock. " Previous topic | Next topic
CreepingDeathJul-21-13 02:29 PM
Member since May 09th 2013
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105923, "Bringing my car back to stock. "

I'm in the process of cleaning up my 95 gs. When I bought the car it had the bodykit on it. I rolled with it for a little while but I'm ready to bring it back to stock appearance and lower it on some 18's. not going for performance too much because its a GS and I don't have the cash to boost it. Just decided to make a post of my progress and take suggestions for wheel dimensions and help with what suspension to go with. Here is a picture of the car with the kit on it.
(Couldn't figure out how to upload more than one picture)

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TurbchargdSpydrJul-22-13 09:20 AM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105924, "RE: Bringing my car back to stock. "
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by CreepingDeath
I'm in the process of cleaning up my 95 gs. When I bought the car it had the bodykit on it. I rolled with it for a little while but I'm ready to bring it back to stock appearance and lower it on some 18's. not going for performance too much because its a GS and I don't have the cash to boost it. Just decided to make a post of my progress and take suggestions for wheel dimensions and help with what suspension to go with. Here is a picture of the car with the kit on it. (Couldn't figure out how to upload more than one picture)

best wheel size advice I could tell you is don't get 18, 17 with a little more meat will do wonders especially on a dropped car. 225\45\17 is the best tire size to get if your fenders aren't rolled, also 17x8 will be wide enough...

Last of a dying breed...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CreepingDeathJul-22-13 12:55 PM
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105925, "RE: Bringing my car back to stock. "
In response to Reply # 1

I found a set of wheels I want in 17 x 7.5 - konig backbones would the same tire size be ok on those. And I think they are +35 offset. His far can I drop with this setup?

I got a bumper and front fenders the other day for $50. Might be getting a different front bumper because this one was modified for a intercooler.

RoninEclipse2GJul-24-13 09:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105926, "RE: Bringing my car back to stock. "
In response to Reply # 2

Even being the wrong color, that looks SO much better

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Fallen4ng31Jul-25-13 05:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#105927, "RE: Bringing my car back to stock. "
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Even being the wrong color, that looks SO much better

I'm with Dave on this one. No offense intended, but that body kit was hideous.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

CreepingDeathJul-25-13 12:54 PM
13 posts,
#105928, "RE: Bringing my car back to stock. "
In response to Reply # 4

Yea I wasn't digging the fast and furious look anymore.

I got my rear bumper and another front bumper that hasn't been modified for $60 on Monday. Picked up a set of 2gb side skirts and door caps for $30 on Tuesday. Just gotta find some bigger clips for the front skirt cups because the previous owner drilled out the holes for som reason.

CreepingDeathJul-25-13 12:59 PM
13 posts,
#105929, "RE: Bringing my car back to stock. "
In response to Reply # 4

Here's the sides without the front cups.

CreepingDeathJul-27-13 11:47 PM
13 posts,
#105930, "RE: Bringing my car back to stock. "
In response to Reply # 4

Got the skirts all on now. I'm starting to sand and primer everything. I started with the front bumper.

CreepingDeathJul-30-13 11:26 PM
13 posts,
#105932, "RE: Bringing my car back to stock. "
In response to Reply # 3
Jul-30-13 11:26 PM by CreepingDeath

Front end roof and hatch primed.

CreepingDeathAug-09-13 08:13 AM
13 posts,
#105939, "RE: Bringing my car back to stock. "
In response to Reply # 4

Got the car mostly primed ready for paint and sprayed a test color of blaze blue plastidip. I think I'm gonna go with a 2 tone black hood/roof with blue. Here's what it looks like with the fenders and bumper painted. (Needs another coat)

CreepingDeathAug-26-13 08:50 PM
13 posts,
#105943, "RE: Bringing my car back to stock. "
In response to Reply # 4

Decided not to use plastidip. I went with rustoleum paint and rolled it on still have a couple coats to do.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105923 Previous topic | Next topic