Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105800
View in threaded mode

Subject: "where to buy reverse light bulb socket" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Aug-20-12 02:21 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105800, "where to buy reverse light bulb socket"

does anyone sell just the socket for the reverse light? or is it only sold as a set with the housing? went to change the bulb and the socket was cracked and missing some pieces. the ring that holds it against housing was broken off too. gonna try super-gluing the pieces but there's a couple missing so not sure if it'll hold.

this's for a 95 btw. Thanks

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
AdministratorCODE4Aug-20-12 06:12 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105801, "RE: where to buy reverse light bulb socket"
In response to Reply # 0

You can buy light sockets based on the bulb number. Shop around at most auto parts stores for the appropriate pigtail.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MCubed45Aug-20-12 07:22 PM
2706 posts,
#105802, "RE: where to buy reverse light bulb socket"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by CODE4
You can buy light sockets based on the bulb number. Shop around at most auto parts stores for the appropriate pigtail.

the socket is what twists directly into the reflector housing and locks into place though. it's not a universal part. the plug that connects to our wire harness is also part of the socket.

-marc

AdministratorCODE4Aug-21-12 09:47 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#105803, "RE: where to buy reverse light bulb socket"
In response to Reply # 2

I am almost positive that bulb bases have a standard attached to them. Have you googled for an 1156 socket base?

Not sure if this link will paste correctly, but
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fhobby.htm%23socks

If not google it. I am sure you can buy these locally. Compare images to what yours looks like.

---

2012 2500HD LML

John99RSAug-21-12 06:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105804, "RE: where to buy reverse light bulb socket"
In response to Reply # 3

I think it's this one from the link Dave posted above...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/led-product/1147/2731/?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=base&utm_content=BA15x-SW2&utm_campaign=GoogleBaseChild&gclid=CPfch4v8-bECFQTznAodHi0A-g

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

MCubed45Aug-21-12 07:16 PM
2706 posts,
#105805, "RE: where to buy reverse light bulb socket"
In response to Reply # 4

thanks guys

the flat disc-part behind the rubber ring is a lot bigger on ours. looks like it might be close enough though. i'll prolly give one of those a try if my super-glue repair doesn't hold.

-marc

sunpialiaMay-21-13 02:58 AM
Member since May 21st 2013
1 posts,
#105916, "RE: where to buy reverse light bulb socket"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm also interested in the LED lights and have brought some for cars and house decoration at the site http://www.ledlightshub.com.

mikky48Dec-09-16 12:24 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2016
3 posts,
#105992, "RE: where to buy reverse light bulb socket"
In response to Reply # 0

It seems great.
Try to be different and optimistic.
I would like to share my blog here with you,just have a look of you also like it.
http://newphonecase.mozello.com/

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #105800 Previous topic | Next topic