Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7739
View in threaded mode

Subject: "CEL - Fuel Trim Malfunction (Edit: Damn I'm starting to hate this car)" Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiNov-13-05 02:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7739, "CEL - Fuel Trim Malfunction (Edit: Damn I'm starting to hate this car)"
Nov-13-05 03:52 PM by FlyinEsi

Threw the CEL on today on the freeway. The wbo2 has been reading 13:1 at idle and around 11:1 at cruise, when before my clutch went out it was right at 14.7:1 all the time.

DSMlink isn't letting me fix it...what else could it be? AFPR set too high?

I took the car out for a spin to get some logs and I found out my front o2 is always reading 0.2v, okay, maybe the shop forgot to plug in the front o2. I go home, lift the car up, front o2 looks fine, it's plugged in and everything, I look back a bit further and there is brown muddy lookin' shit all over the place. I get to looking and the inner axle shaft joint, with the boot over it, is fucking busted open. What is that, and how expensive is that to fix?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ModeratoreclipzGSTNov-13-05 09:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7740, "RE: CEL - Fuel Trim Malfunction (Edit: Damn I'm starting to hate this car)"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't think your car likes Arizona very much...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FlyinEsiNov-14-05 04:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7741, "RE: CEL - Fuel Trim Malfunction (Edit: Damn I'm starting to hate this car)"
In response to Reply # 1

Agreed...time to start looking at those new mustangs again...

Diceman19Nov-14-05 06:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#7742, "RE: CEL - Fuel Trim Malfunction (Edit: Damn I'm starting to hate this car)"
In response to Reply # 2
Nov-14-05 06:29 AM by Diceman19

Originally posted by FlyinEsi

dont you mean time to move out of arizona?

TeamDR1665Nov-14-05 06:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#7743, "RE: CEL - Fuel Trim Malfunction (Edit: Damn I'm starting to hate this car)"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by FlyinEsi

Damnit, Dan.

If you need a hand, let me know. It's been a while since I've been actually working on someone else's car.

ModeratoreclipzGSTNov-14-05 07:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#7744, "RE: CEL - Fuel Trim Malfunction (Edit: Damn I'm starting to hate this car)"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by FlyinEsi Agreed...time to start looking at those new mustangs again...
Damnit, Dan. If you need a hand, let me know. It's been a while since I've been actually working on someone else's car.

lol. I think your car HATES AZ.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

BigBaldNov-14-05 09:50 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#7745, "RE: CEL - Fuel Trim Malfunction (Edit: Damn I'm starting to hate this car)"
In response to Reply # 5
Nov-14-05 09:52 AM by BigBald

That code is a dead o2 sensor.....the .02v is a confirmation that it is pretty much dead.

I would just get new axle from raxle.com. You can however fix just the boot I believe....your choice.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7739 Previous topic | Next topic