Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7733
View in threaded mode

Subject: "MY BOV IS NOT BLOWING OFF!" Previous topic | Next topic
reaxionNov-11-05 08:37 AM
Member since May 07th 2004
77 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7733, "MY BOV IS NOT BLOWING OFF!"

allow me to clarify...I put on an HKS SSQV on my car earlier this week, started her up, and I was shocked when it sounded just like my old one(crushed 1G BOV). upon further inspection, I realized, I had never been blowing out the BOV at all, rather it sounds like its coming out of my intake..!? I checked the MAS last night, its getting power and its sending out the 5v ref...so what could it be? Im open to any ideas...pleaaaaaaaase help me!

build what you want.

'98 GS SOLD

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
CarbonFiberRSTNov-11-05 09:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7734, "RE: MY BOV IS NOT BLOWING OFF!"
In response to Reply # 0

Check the vacuum source to the bov. thats all I know... check for boost leaks and vacuum leaks also. With my blitz bov I can watch the valve open if i rev the engine and watch the bov... so try that and see if you see it open or feel any air coming out.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

orzechNov-11-05 10:25 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2003
597 posts,
#7735, "RE: MY BOV IS NOT BLOWING OFF!"
In response to Reply # 1

i hope you bought the recirculation kit for this BOV if you are not running a GM mas... if not you need one asap

11.34 at 123 fp3065 28 psi straight pump 93 octane

95 tsi awd 5 speed-2gb 6 bolt dsmlink
95tsi fwd- parts
95 tsi fwd- beater
91 galant vr4- new build

FlyinEsiNov-11-05 11:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#7736, "RE: MY BOV IS NOT BLOWING OFF!"
In response to Reply # 2

If you are recirculating then it will sound like it is coming out of the intake filter, mine does that too, there is nowhere else for the sound to come from. If you are not blowing off at all, then check your vacuum source on the BOV.

reaxionNov-14-05 08:01 AM
Member since May 07th 2004
77 posts,
#7737, "RE: MY BOV IS NOT BLOWING OFF!"
In response to Reply # 3

I have the recirc kit...its not on though. and I asked a couple of the local DSM guys I know, theyre saying check the vaccuum source too. I do have 2 other things tee'd into it, could be leaking...
and whats the deal with the GM MAS? is it that much better than the 2G MAS?

build what you want.

'98 GS SOLD

orzechNov-14-05 02:13 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2003
597 posts,
#7738, "RE: MY BOV IS NOT BLOWING OFF!"
In response to Reply # 4

1. you need to run the recirc adapter
2. gm mas can be a major pain in the ass so i wouldnt recommend it unless you have great tuning skills
3. i am not sure if the SSQ BOV's are adjustable but if they are you need to lighten the spring
4. liek they said make sure all vac lines are in tact and where they should be and no major boost leaks.

11.34 at 123 fp3065 28 psi straight pump 93 octane

95 tsi awd 5 speed-2gb 6 bolt dsmlink
95tsi fwd- parts
95 tsi fwd- beater
91 galant vr4- new build

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #7733 Previous topic | Next topic