Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6277
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Getting a little Hot on the engine gauge!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
icedoutJul-27-03 10:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6277, "Getting a little Hot on the engine gauge!!!!"

I noticed today that my engine gauge went a little hot when i got home from a long trip about 50 plus miles. It didn't red but it got to the line before it. My question is what could cause this could this be my T-stat going or does anyone have any suggestions. I have the overflow tank that comes with the buschur FMIC. I empty it all the time back into the Fluidyne rad. so i have a good level of antifreeze. But i was also caught in traffic for the cross bronx....
any help is appreciated
TIA

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamJeff_99gsJul-27-03 10:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6278, "RE: Getting a little Hot on the engine gauge!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

You don't pour the overflow bottle back into the radiator cap. It does it automatically. Make sure your fans are wired correctly and haven't come undone accidentally.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

icedoutJul-28-03 05:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#6279, "RE: Getting a little Hot on the engine gauge!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

>You don't pour the overflow bottle back into the radiator
>cap. It does it automatically. Make sure your fans are wired
>correctly and haven't come undone accidentally.

no jeff on this one you have to empty it from the bottom and put it back into the system. It is the big black overflow tank from buschur. that is the way that idiot designed it. He can make a good FMIC but can't figure his ass out from a hole in the wall to supply a good overflow.........

This only happened recently i'v had this setup since Feb. and this is the first time this has happened. The fan is wired correctly so i know it's not that.I check around the engine and i don't see any antifreze aound the block or the head. Some one else told me that it is the T-stat so i'm going to look into that.

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

HybriDSMJul-27-03 10:53 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#6280, "RE: Getting a little Hot on the engine gauge!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Hmm, well whatever the problem is, getting to the line before the red is not good. That line is still very very hot and not good for the engine. If you have a way of checking the integrity of the thermostat then I would recommend that.

I have actually been having really bad overheating problems recently, and it ultimately was the result of a leaky headgasket, but I didn't find this out til the HG blew completely and I messed something up in the block too. But certainly take care of this problem quickly, as over heating even close to the stock red area is bad for the engine.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

SkillionaireJul-27-03 08:39 PM
Member since Mar 08th 2002
198 posts,
#6281, "RE: Getting a little Hot on the engine gauge!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Make sure you have enough airflow reaching the radiator with your front mount in place. you may need to cut some of the bumper/bumper support to allow air to directly hit the radiator. My friend ran into the same problem when we installed his FMIC. Even with an upgraded radiator, it will heat soak very quickly without direct airflow. You may also want to wire your fans to both come on at the same time.

93 Talon Tsi FWD
Big 16g Powered!

R.I.P 96 Turbo GS

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6277 Previous topic | Next topic