Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6268
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Stock boost level" Previous topic | Next topic
Mr MikeJul-29-03 07:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6268, "Stock boost level"

How much boost is a stock 1g set at? My car had a mbc in it when I bought it so I don't know what the stock level should be. I tried searching, but couldn't find the answer. Right now it's set at 14#.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
superdavesgstJul-29-03 07:36 PM
Member since Jun 22nd 2002
270 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6269, "RE: Stock boost level"
In response to Reply # 0

i think 12ish, dont hold me to that, i do know that 14psi on a fac. turbo, is perfectly safe. Since you have that, get to doin free mods and put it up to 16psi area.
laters
dave

2004 white mach1
k&n fipk,Meziere w/p,mac headers,o/r prochamber, bassani c/b, ported heads&intake,php 3/8" spacer,accel coils & hardcore wires, comp 106400 cams,03 cobra flywheel&clutch,456gear,FR 31spline axles & center diff. steeda shifter & quad adjuster

2001 svt lightning
magnaflow C/B,4lb lower,accufab t.b.,lfp E fan, FR waterpump,punisher VB,obx headers

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJeff_99gsJul-29-03 07:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#6270, "RE: Stock boost level"
In response to Reply # 1

1Gs are anywhere from 9-10psi. I was 9 until I removed the BCS restrictor, which pushed it to 10.

Mr MikeJul-29-03 08:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#6271, "RE: Stock boost level"
In response to Reply # 2

So 14# is safe with the stock fuel pump? I don't have an a/f gauge yet so I don't know if it's leaning out at all, but I don't hear any audible detonation.

TeamJeff_99gsJul-30-03 04:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#6272, "RE: Stock boost level"
In response to Reply # 3

14psi is fine for the stock fuel pump. Just don't go any higher without an SAFC and some form of monitoring. (other than a boost gauge of course).

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6268 Previous topic | Next topic