Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #3086
View in threaded mode

Subject: "looking to go turbo!" Previous topic | Next topic
Rogers51Sep-02-04 03:18 PM
Member since Jul 09th 2004
12 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3086, "looking to go turbo!"

ok i have a 93 plymouth laser non turbo. I bought it off a guy for 250$ and he said that it had an oil gasket problem but when i took it to the shop they said they engine needed replaced. I just found a turbo engine for pretty cheap and i was just wondering what i would need to go to the turbo engine in a non turbo car?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Vandy420aSep-02-04 04:21 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3087, "RE: looking to go turbo!"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-02-04 04:25 PM by Vandy420a

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

this should be a good place to start...

edit: just be careful not to step in the bullshit over there...i was reading a few of the threads and they are nuts! One guy claims he has a 2g w/a n/t4g63 in it...he doesn't. Run stuff by us if you have questions...

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-03-04 07:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#3088, "RE: looking to go turbo!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Vandy420a
One guy claims he has a 2g w/a n/t4g63 in it...he doesn't.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

JReynosaSep-03-04 08:20 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2003
396 posts,
#3089, "RE: looking to go turbo!"
In response to Reply # 2

Look at these sites for some help:
http://www.angelfire.com/il2/freestyle/turboconversion.html
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48231

Vandy420aSep-04-04 01:37 PM
2037 posts,
#3090, "RE: looking to go turbo!"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by Vandy420a One guy claims he has a 2g w/a n/t4g63 in it...he doesn't.

i take that back, he could have a 2g with a 4g63 non turbo engine in it, but he'd have to be in Europe....

orzechSep-06-04 05:08 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2003
597 posts,
#3091, "RE: looking to go turbo!"
In response to Reply # 4

im in the process of putting a 1g 6 bolt engine in my 2g eclipse gsx. So anything is possible with a little time and effort.

11.34 at 123 fp3065 28 psi straight pump 93 octane

95 tsi awd 5 speed-2gb 6 bolt dsmlink
95tsi fwd- parts
95 tsi fwd- beater
91 galant vr4- new build

Vandy420aSep-06-04 05:18 AM
2037 posts,
#3092, "RE: looking to go turbo!"
In response to Reply # 5
Sep-06-04 05:18 AM by Vandy420a

that's a tried and true swap though, much less difficult than putting a 4g63 in a 420a car...

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #3086 Previous topic | Next topic