Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12112
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Just installed my K&N intake and have a few questions" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Mattcky2kJan-07-04 07:44 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12112, "Just installed my K&N intake and have a few questions"

ok i know when you install an intake you can hear the turbo better but i also hear my BOV really loud too, is that normal? i'm pretty sure it is but i just want to be totally for sure. also i got my oil changed about 5 days ago and i'm leaking a little bit of oil. someone told me that some cars after getting oil changed will do that for 2-3 days and quit. i still have a good level of oil but i was just wondering if you guys have ever had this happen? thanks

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Vandy420aJan-07-04 07:48 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12113, "RE: Just installed my K&N intake and have a few questions"
In response to Reply # 0

yes you will actually hear the BOV now, thats normal. THe oil thing is odd..are you leaking from teh cap? thats normal too, often the gaskets wear out but also check taht you're not leaking from the filter or oil pan...

congrats!

Vand

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJeff_99gsJan-08-04 03:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#12114, "RE: Just installed my K&N intake and have a few questions"
In response to Reply # 1

You had it changed for you? Make sure the oil filter is not coming loose. They tend to loosen themselves after oil changes if they are not tightened enough.

The turbo and BOV getting louder is normal.

Vandy420aJan-08-04 08:55 AM
2037 posts,
#12115, "RE: Just installed my K&N intake and have a few questions"
In response to Reply # 2

yeah P.S. on that, dont' get your oil changed by someone else unless you start to get crankwalk...then just pray that they screw up the oil change and burn out your engine---buying you a new one!

besides most places use refurbished oil---and it sure isn't synthetic....

Vandy

Mail me if you want me to walk you through an oil change, that way you avoid a flame and everyone's got to learn some time.

Mattcky2kJan-08-04 10:35 AM
1135 posts,
#12116, "RE: Just installed my K&N intake and have a few questions"
In response to Reply # 3

i was going to change it myself but when i got under the car to drain the oil the nut on the oil pan was on there pretty good and it was freezing outside! anyway i took the car back up to where i had it changed to see what they could tell me and he said it looks like it might be coming from the oil sending unit or front seal!!! they said they didnt' do stuff like that so i took to this other place that is going to look at it monday and they said the unit is like 25 bucks and the seal is like 200 or something like that. but could it be just a loose filter and it's just blowing that oil towards all that stuff? i don't know i just want to get it taken care of. oh and i bought the oil and filter myself. MOBIL 1 baby!!

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

theallpowerfulmeJan-10-04 04:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#12117, "RE: Just installed my K&N intake and have a few questions"
In response to Reply # 4

matt, did you buy the fipk, and if so, why?

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

Mattcky2kJan-11-04 03:32 AM
1135 posts,
#12118, "RE: Just installed my K&N intake and have a few questions"
In response to Reply # 5

i bought the k&N filter from dsmparts.com. i bought it because it had the best reviews and it was cheap why?

theallpowerfulmeJan-11-04 03:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#12119, "RE: Just installed my K&N intake and have a few questions"
In response to Reply # 6

just seeing if you bought the fipk which is an overpriced piece of shit, thats all.

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

Vandy420aJan-13-04 09:47 AM
2037 posts,
#12120, "RE: Just installed my K&N intake and have a few questions"
In response to Reply # 7

why are you hating on the FIPK? its overpriced, but its def. not a piece of shit...i've been pretty rough on mine and it's held together well. I've used other filters before on friends' cars, like shitty yellow ones form autozone, and they work fine for a while ,then start to get disgusting or crack.

vandy

what's so much better than the K&N?

lickscissorsJan-14-04 03:38 AM
Member since May 07th 2003
1206 posts,
#12121, "RE: Just installed my K&N intake and have a few questions"
In response to Reply # 8

so do you just have the k&n filter?? how were the gains with that?? is it worth getting the actual intake pipe?? id say do the sending unit yourself...or you could just try tightning it up a little...could of just loosened up
doug

14b custom turbo kit, modified starion front mount, 9.6:1 JE pistons/Eagle rods....running 12psi
screw flanders

ModeratoreclipzGSTJan-14-04 08:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#12122, "RE: Just installed my K&N intake and have a few questions"
In response to Reply # 9

throttle response got a little better when I added the cone filter. Then a significant gain after BOV, IC piping and MBC.
The BIGGEST gain after that was the 3" cat-back.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12112 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic