Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10490
View in threaded mode

Subject: "DSMlink installed, not yet tuned though." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiJun-19-04 12:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10490, "DSMlink installed, not yet tuned though."

Well, I installed the DSMlink ECU, hooked it up, took some readings at idle, but have not gotten to make any pulls yet. I was getting ready to go out and do some 1-3 gear pulls, but now it has started raining like a mother here. I did drive to MiniMart for a soda and it is driveable, but as soon as I step on it the car starts acting up. Obviously I do not have my settings anywhere near they are supposed to be, but the lo-throttle must be working fine.

I'll give you guys updates as I get them.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Vandy420aJun-19-04 01:20 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10491, "RE: DSMlink installed, not yet tuned though."
In response to Reply # 0

awesome!!

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Mattcky2kJun-20-04 03:34 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
#10492, "RE: DSMlink installed, not yet tuned though."
In response to Reply # 1

you have to have a 95 ECU for DSMlink right? does it have to be an AWD ECU? cause there is a 95/96 GSX sitting in a junkyard and i might get it if it is a 95. and i wanna see some GOOD vids of your car when you get that tuned!

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

FlyinEsiJun-20-04 04:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#10493, "RE: DSMlink installed, not yet tuned though."
In response to Reply # 2

Be careful of the ECU, you want to get a 95, but you want a certain kind. It needs to have this kind of label on it.

GST/GSX, will both have the same ECU. I will get some videos hopefully as soon as I get her tuned. It is definitely running lean right now, but I'll get on that today.

Mattcky2kJun-20-04 04:38 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
#10494, "RE: DSMlink installed, not yet tuned though."
In response to Reply # 3

thanks for the info. i used to know all this stuff but i've forgotten alot. hopefully this car has and Eprom in it. how much did all of it cost you?

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

FlyinEsiJun-20-04 04:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#10495, "RE: DSMlink installed, not yet tuned though."
In response to Reply # 4
Jun-20-04 04:50 AM by FlyinEsi

ECU = $225 shipped (should have been more but the guy forgot he already had it socketed)
DSMlink = $615
Laptop - Already had

So far, all I really have working is low-throttle, which I think must be built in because there are no options for that, and all the rev limiters

0-5 mph = 5500 rpm (standstill rev limit)
Clutch Cut (>17 mph) = 5500 rpm (moving rev limit for shifting w/o letting of the gas)
Rev Limit = 7500 rpm (normal rev limit)

All4thaN0okieJun-22-04 05:10 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
#10496, "RE: DSMlink installed, not yet tuned though."
In response to Reply # 5

how does that "clutch cut" work???

FlyinEsiJun-22-04 06:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#10497, "RE: DSMlink installed, not yet tuned though."
In response to Reply # 6
Jun-22-04 06:21 AM by FlyinEsi

The clutch cut taps into a switch that tells if the clutch is pushed in. You set the parameters of the clutch cut, but mine is set like this...

If I am going over 17mph and the clutch is pushed in I have a separate rev limiter. So, if I'm racing, I can run all the way through 1st gear, 7000rpm, push in the clutch, leave your foot on the gas and a new limiter is set at 5500, pop the clutch and you are much closer to matching rpms when you let off the clutch and then your normal rev limiter kicks in at 7500 again, until you push in your clutch. No need to worry about the gas anymore, just keep it mashed.

Vandy420aJun-22-04 06:28 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#10498, "RE: DSMlink installed, not yet tuned though."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
No need to worry about the gas anymore, just keep it mashed.

that is so hot...DAMN I wish I had AWD...if I kept it mashed in my t-25 i'd lose traction in 2nd...

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

FlyinEsiJun-22-04 06:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#10499, "RE: DSMlink installed, not yet tuned though."
In response to Reply # 8

Not if you match your 2nd gear just right...say you shift at 7000 every time and 2nd gear starts at 4500, set it at 4500 and then you nail 2nd gear RIGHT where you are supposed to...you are not popping the clutch at higher rpms that way and you should not spin the wheels.

You might be off a bit for 3rd gear, or dare you go there, 4th gear, but it wouldn't be too far off and you wouldn't slip the tires in those gears anyway.

HybriDSMJun-22-04 06:38 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#10500, "RE: DSMlink installed, not yet tuned though."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
The clutch cut taps into a switch that tells if the clutch is pushed in. You set the parameters of the clutch cut, but mine is set like this... If I am going over 17mph and the clutch is pushed in I have a separate rev limiter. So, if I'm racing, I can run all the way through 1st gear, 7000rpm, push in the clutch, leave your foot on the gas and a new limiter is set at 5500, pop the clutch and you are much closer to matching rpms when you let off the clutch and then your normal rev limiter kicks in at 7500 again, until you push in your clutch. No need to worry about the gas anymore, just keep it mashed.

You have a fully built tranny yes? I hope so because otherwise, you'll be ripping yours out after two weeks from destroying the synchros with the no lift to shift style. It's awesome for keeping the turbo spooled, but it's hell on transmissions.

Good luck with everything and let us know how it ultimately gets all tuned out.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10490 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic