Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1841
View in threaded mode

Subject: "finnally replaced my 420a with a 1g" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
import1996rsJul-06-05 02:56 PM
Member since Jun 06th 2004
277 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1841, "finnally replaced my 420a with a 1g"

some lady cut me off and i t-boned her and wrecked my car. i have been looking for a couple of months now and i finnaly found a got a 1991 eclipse gsx 5spd with 95k on the clock, bone stock. now time to upgrade. here are some pics http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2043720

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Diceman19Jul-06-05 03:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1842, "RE: finnally replaced my 420a with a 1g"
In response to Reply # 0

hmmm. clean as a mutha trucka. whatever you do, dont vent. do some free mods and make her go fast. take care of it too.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTJul-06-05 08:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1843, "RE: finnally replaced my 420a with a 1g"
In response to Reply # 1

VERY nice car. How much did you pay and what state are you in? Just curious...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

import1996rsJul-07-05 04:25 PM
277 posts,
#1844, "RE: finnally replaced my 420a with a 1g"
In response to Reply # 2

i live in maryland. i paid 3700 for it. its very clean leather interior power windows moon roof. rides very nice as well.

SilverBullet20gJul-07-05 04:27 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
#1845, "RE: finnally replaced my 420a with a 1g"
In response to Reply # 3

Clean car, congrats!

(parting out 95 GS)

NarcoJul-07-05 04:56 PM
Member since Jun 01st 2004
93 posts,
#1846, "RE: finnally replaced my 420a with a 1g"
In response to Reply # 4

Now the real fun begins.
You'll be disappointed when the car only runs a 14.1 lol.

'98 GSX
'98 GS(In case ^ Breaks)Weird, the GS broke before the 4G did, F'n headgasket.

kelvinb1Jul-07-05 09:03 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#1847, "RE: finnally replaced my 420a with a 1g"
In response to Reply # 5

14.1 isnt bad stock. throw a mbc on it and youll have lots o fun

HybriDSMJul-08-05 04:13 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#1848, "RE: finnally replaced my 420a with a 1g"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by kelvinb1
14.1 isnt bad stock. throw a mbc on it and youll have lots o fun

Stock DSM running 14.1? 15.1 is closer to the truth, but that's a story and discussion for another day.

Congrats on the purchase. Where in MD did you find it? I live in Rockville, and spend a lot of time in Westminster and in Baltimore too? How did I miss this gem of a car?

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

import1996rsJul-08-05 01:55 PM
277 posts,
#1849, "RE: finnally replaced my 420a with a 1g"
In response to Reply # 7

i actually got it in rockville. my plans are to have it running 12s by the end of the summer, i have some people to compete with over here in fredneck. do you think it is better to upgrade the turbo or stick with the stock and higher boost levels? plus supporting mods of coarse. im thinking stick with stock exhaust but upgrade the downpipe and get a cut out, and a front mount ic, fuel upgrade and little other odds an ends. i have alot more reasearching to do about it all, but what do you all think?

ModeratoreclipzGSTJul-08-05 02:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1850, "RE: finnally replaced my 420a with a 1g"
In response to Reply # 8
Jul-08-05 02:51 PM by eclipzGST

Originally posted by import1996rs
i actually got it in rockville. my plans are to have it running 12s by the end of the summer, i have some people to compete with over here in fredneck. do you think it is better to upgrade the turbo or stick with the stock and higher boost levels? plus supporting mods of coarse. im thinking stick with stock exhaust but upgrade the downpipe and get a cut out, and a front mount ic, fuel upgrade and little other odds an ends. i have alot more reasearching to do about it all, but what do you all think?

we all think you shoud read this:
http://www.buschurracing.com/upgrade.html
and this:
http://www.vfaq.com

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

import1996rsJul-08-05 02:58 PM
277 posts,
#1851, "RE: finnally replaced my 420a with a 1g"
In response to Reply # 9

been reading it,lol, i searched and found some stuff prior to reading this reply, what do you think about stock exhaust and a cut out?

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1841 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic