Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1667
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Raced an S2000, good news and bad news about the GSX" Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiAug-02-05 09:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1667, "Raced an S2000, good news and bad news about the GSX"

First of all, I had the pleasure of racing a new S2000 on Saturday while at an AZ BBQ meet. Bitch ass though he could take me, even though my car is still running like all hell smelly ass.

I don't bother hitting the 5500 rev limiter to jump off the line because it was just a stop sign. We both took off and once I hit boost in 1st I jumped ahead of him, my back bumper was staring at his front bumper...all the way through 3 gears. I never pulled on him and he never gained on me.

Good News:
An S2000 runs a 14.2 1/4 mile, with a good launch my car is still safely in the 13 second range. Pretty happy with that considering her running condition.

Bad News:
This damn car should be faster than that, don't you think??? I always thought the car would be good for 12's, but I still have a lot of work to do to this car to get it running right.

I think my TPS is still off causing my fuel maps to be wrong which causes me to knock under WOT sometimes, but not always. I'm also having some pretty bad idle problems, vac at -12 makes the car stall at stop signs a lot.

Still much work to do, but maybe I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel?? Girlfriend is out of town for a week so hopefully I can focus on the X for a week.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
BigBaldAug-02-05 09:35 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1668, "RE: Raced an S2000, good news and bad news about the GSX"
In response to Reply # 0

12s on a 16g running 18psi w/ no tune? Good luck with that....

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FlyinEsiAug-02-05 09:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1669, "RE: Raced an S2000, good news and bad news about the GSX"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by BigBald
12s on a 16g running 18psi w/ no tune? Good luck with that....

I did say...

I always thought the car would be good for 12's, but I still have a lot of work to do to this car to get it running right.

I know I'm not doing 12's w/o tuning. That is my main problem right now.

Kaoz78Aug-02-05 10:13 AM
Member since Dec 20th 2003
407 posts,
#1670, "RE: Raced an S2000, good news and bad news about the GSX"
In response to Reply # 2
Aug-02-05 10:13 AM by Kaoz78

You have had an assload of problems lately. Get all this sorted and spend some money tuning the hell out of the setup you have now and I bet you will be much happier. I bet alot has yet to be realized in that car's potential.

Originally posted by silverarrow
I never said I was going to run 13s with my car with nothing but a sack of rice.

BigBaldAug-02-05 11:54 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#1671, "RE: Raced an S2000, good news and bad news about the GSX"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
Originally posted by BigBald 12s on a 16g running 18psi w/ no tune? Good luck with that....
I did say... I always thought the car would be good for 12's, but I still have a lot of work to do to this car to get it running right. I know I'm not doing 12's w/o tuning. That is my main problem right now.

Do you know how to tune it?

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

FlyinEsiAug-02-05 01:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1672, "RE: Raced an S2000, good news and bad news about the GSX"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by BigBald
Originally posted by FlyinEsi
Originally posted by BigBald 12s on a 16g running 18psi w/ no tune? Good luck with that....
I did say... I always thought the car would be good for 12's, but I still have a lot of work to do to this car to get it running right. I know I'm not doing 12's w/o tuning. That is my main problem right now.
Do you know how to tune it?

I know how to get rid of knock. I have timing issues, and I have been trying to get someone off dsmlink forums in PHX to help me out. No one has volunteered their time yet. But there are a couple big DSM tuner shops in town and I'm going to go to them for the rest. Once I see how someone else approaches the tuning, then I'll get a better idea of how the program fully works.

BMPDirkAug-03-05 04:59 AM
Member since Jul 24th 2002
1288 posts,
#1673, "RE: Raced an S2000, good news and bad news about the GSX"
In response to Reply # 5

i hope you get your problems figured out man. What airflow are you logging on DSMLink? Was the s2000 stock? Im shocked it kept up with you to be honest. My buddy has an s2000, when we would race and i would pull on him a little...and that was with the t25 @16psi with mods. I havent raced him with the new turbo, but i know i would destroy him now.

FlyinEsiAug-03-05 09:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#1674, "RE: Raced an S2000, good news and bad news about the GSX"
In response to Reply # 6

don't know if it was stock or not. Maybe exhaust at best. But like I said, I had a horrible launch, rpms were at 1K when I took off. But also like I have said, I'm not tuned at all, so who knows what kind of power I'm putting down.

Those s2000's have 240 HP and they are light as hell. Granted, I should have pulled away, but I'm having issues.

96rs-tAug-03-05 09:48 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#1675, "RE: Raced an S2000, good news and bad news about the GSX"
In response to Reply # 7
Aug-03-05 09:48 AM by 96rs-t

wow, as long as you beat him, but damn, you most definitely would have killed his guts if your setup was running right, and damn i wish you were so that little fooker didn't think he "almost had you"

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1667 Previous topic | Next topic