Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12675
View in threaded mode

Subject: "leaking coolant?" Previous topic | Next topic
chrysler kidOct-02-03 12:21 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12675, "leaking coolant?"

i come out of school today to find a good size greenish colord puddle under my car. it appears that the fluid like substance is leaking from a line on the oil filter. helppp meee pleeeaaassseeeeeee

11.65 @ 115

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
L2RTSiAWDOct-02-03 12:27 PM
Member since Sep 30th 2003
244 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12676, "RE: leaking coolant?"
In response to Reply # 0

No coolant goes to the oil filter are you sure one of the turbo coolant lines isn't the culprit?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

chrysler kidOct-02-03 12:31 PM
7411 posts,
#12677, "RE: leaking coolant?"
In response to Reply # 1
Oct-02-03 12:33 PM by chrysler kid

it looks like its running down an oil line that goes to the oil filter, then dripping off where the pipe bends and goes into the filter. what is underneath my exhaust manifold that would carry a green colored fluid?

also i took off the heat shield on the exhaust mani and it looks like of the 4 studs to hold the turbo on the manifold, 2 have been broken/ too short to put a screw on them, and 2 have screws on it.

please help me. thanks in advance

im thinking coolant or even power steering fluid.

if i had a bad gaskett i would think that it would be leaking off of the block on multiple locations, but the leak seems pretty centralized

11.65 @ 115

L2RTSiAWDOct-02-03 01:19 PM
244 posts,
#12678, "RE: leaking coolant?"
In response to Reply # 2

Under the exhaust manifold is the waterlons for the turbo,your main water pipe and another little water line...Wait I think I might know which line it is. What type of o2 housing do you have?

chrysler kidOct-02-03 02:24 PM
7411 posts,
#12679, "RE: leaking coolant?"
In response to Reply # 3

ok i figured it out. i took off the exhaust mani and loked back there. one of the metal radiator lines is leaking/cracked. bah!

11.65 @ 115

L2RTSiAWDOct-02-03 02:29 PM
244 posts,
#12680, "RE: leaking coolant?"
In response to Reply # 4

Yep that happened on mine too becasue my old EV0 3 O2 housing was rubbing up against it and it put a whole in it.

chrysler kidOct-02-03 02:34 PM
7411 posts,
#12681, "RE: leaking coolant?"
In response to Reply # 5

>Yep that happened on mine too becasue my old EV0 3 O2 housing
>was rubbing up against it and it put a whole in it.

a hole in metal? i still have the stock 02 housing. how hard was it to get the metal line fixed, or how much did it cost?

11.65 @ 115

L2RTSiAWDOct-02-03 02:37 PM
244 posts,
#12682, "RE: leaking coolant?"
In response to Reply # 6

You have to replace the whole line which consists of 2 methods.

1. Buying the line straight from like autozone and bending it yourself.

2. Buying the line fom the dealer pre-bent.

I forgot how much the cost was since it happened on my car over a year ago.

superdavesgstOct-02-03 08:28 PM
Member since Jun 22nd 2002
270 posts,
#12683, "RE: leaking coolant?"
In response to Reply # 7

ahhhhhh hahahahha, funny, no oil into the oilfilter housing, well it does put oil right next to the coolant, fixed my mysteriuos oil in coolant problem, the yadda yadda something or another went out interally, and would have all the symtoms of a head gasket, did three of them to no prevail, so after a month of fustration, and major anger, i decided to toy with it, turbo is no longer feed coolant, but i could care less for that thing, but when i rerouted the lines to skip the housing for the oil filter assy. i went for a drive and blew the line that WAS sopposed to have nothing in it,low and behold lost about a pint of oil, i think that this was caused by a high volume oil pump, but not sure, damn cheap MITSU parts.
laters
dave

2004 white mach1
k&n fipk,Meziere w/p,mac headers,o/r prochamber, bassani c/b, ported heads&intake,php 3/8" spacer,accel coils & hardcore wires, comp 106400 cams,03 cobra flywheel&clutch,456gear,FR 31spline axles & center diff. steeda shifter & quad adjuster

2001 svt lightning
magnaflow C/B,4lb lower,accufab t.b.,lfp E fan, FR waterpump,punisher VB,obx headers

TeamJeff_99gsOct-02-03 08:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#12684, "RE: leaking coolant?"
In response to Reply # 8

Coolant does go to the oil filter housing. That is how the oil is cooled. Those lines leak all the time because they are connected via old rubber hoses that get brittle with age.

superdavesgstOct-03-03 01:09 PM
Member since Jun 22nd 2002
270 posts,
#12685, "RE: leaking coolant?"
In response to Reply # 9

mines leaked on the inside, ever seen that Jeff, ??????????????????
i was told by Chris,( used to work at turbochargers.com, that they never do that)

2004 white mach1
k&n fipk,Meziere w/p,mac headers,o/r prochamber, bassani c/b, ported heads&intake,php 3/8" spacer,accel coils & hardcore wires, comp 106400 cams,03 cobra flywheel&clutch,456gear,FR 31spline axles & center diff. steeda shifter & quad adjuster

2001 svt lightning
magnaflow C/B,4lb lower,accufab t.b.,lfp E fan, FR waterpump,punisher VB,obx headers

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12675 Previous topic | Next topic