Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4440
View in threaded mode

Subject: "i want a BOV!" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Mattcky2kOct-15-03 08:15 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4440, "i want a BOV!"

i'm looking into getting a BOV and yes i want one that makes cool noises. LOL. anyway where is a good place to get a deal on the piping and BOV together? i know machv and RRE has them but if i get the pipe and BOV that goes to the atmosphere what do i do about the opening in the intake pipe the BOV used to dump into?

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
RemyOct-15-03 08:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4441, "RE: i want a BOV!"
In response to Reply # 0
Oct-15-03 08:18 PM by Remy

The greddy Type s is probably the popular.I personally love the tial bovs and wastegates . Anyway check Dsmtrader.com

Member # 333

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-16-03 07:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#4442, "RE: i want a BOV!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Mattcky2k
if i get the pipe and BOV that goes to the atmosphere what do i do about the opening in the intake pipe the BOV used to dump into?

You could get a new hard intake pipe from dejon tools or just "cap off" the hole on the stock one.
Don't vent unless you have VPC or MAFT setup.

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

"...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

HybriDSMOct-16-03 07:39 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#4443, "RE: i want a BOV!"
In response to Reply # 2

As Tony said. If you just want a BOV that sounds cool and scares the kids, get a TurboXS blow off valve. They don't recirculate and are ridiculously loud (and expensive). My personal opinion is to avoid BOV's like that as they draw unwanted attention to you that will wear on you after time. Racing fart-cannoned ricers gets old after about a week, so I would reccomend a normal 1g BOV or Type-S, and if you are feeling rich, a Tial.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

Diceman19Oct-16-03 02:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#4444, "RE: i want a BOV!"
In response to Reply # 3

is there a good way to not recirculate your air if you have the fuel system we do. i dont want stand alone nor do i want to run a little bit lean. would an safc correct it if i add a little bit of fuel to the mixture when using a BOV?

HybriDSMOct-16-03 05:43 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#4445, "RE: i want a BOV!"
In response to Reply # 4

Are you talking about venting in your 1g? The only way to do that is with a VPC or the GM MAF conversion (which puts the air sensor after the turbo which allows you to vent to the atmosphere since air lost at the BOV isn't counted in the system).

Venting is a waste of time unless you have the mods to do so, or are using an automatic.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-16-03 06:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#4446, "RE: i want a BOV!"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by HybriDSM
Venting is a waste of time unless you have the mods to do so, or are using an automatic.

How would venting benefit an AT? I don't even have to lift till the race is over...

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

"...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

invaznGSTOct-16-03 07:15 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
#4447, "RE: i want a BOV!"
In response to Reply # 6

bov
on a budget..1G.
for the average joe..type-s.
for a rich boy..tial.

piping
dejon tools, roadrace

i have a roadrace upper intercooler pipe and it's flanged for my type-s. i like my setup. before it was stock UICP with TurboXS Type-H RFL Bov that vented to atmosphere. sounded ok but i like how the type-s sounds much better. Also venting to atmosphere is bad.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

Vandy420aOct-16-03 10:46 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#4448, "RE: i want a BOV!"
In response to Reply # 7

if you're really set on the pssht sound get a type S....you'll personally enjoy the sound when you drive, the ricer stuff gets old with the louder ones, and a tial doesn't make girls want you any more....

Vand

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Diceman19Oct-16-03 11:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#4449, "RE: i want a BOV!"
In response to Reply # 5
Oct-16-03 11:04 PM by Diceman19

Originally posted by HybriDSM
Are you talking about venting in your 1g? The only way to do that is with a VPC or the GM MAF conversion (which puts the air sensor after the turbo which allows you to vent to the atmosphere since air lost at the BOV isn't counted in the system). Venting is a waste of time unless you have the mods to do so, or are using an automatic.

what are the specifics on the gm maf conversion. never heard of it. vpc=too much money. what mods do you speak of to make it purposefull(sp). and why an auto better than m/t in your example?

icedoutOct-16-03 11:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#4450, "RE: i want a BOV!"
In response to Reply # 9

Tial is the shit... that is what i have in my gsx

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4440 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic