Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12025
View in threaded mode

Subject: "2g turbo problem" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
lickscissorsDec-23-03 06:59 AM
Member since May 07th 2003
1206 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12025, "2g turbo problem"

i know this is a NT forum, but i also know some of you have a 2g turbo....so those people can help me...anyways my girlfriend got a 97 gsx that ive been fixing up....(it was wrecked)...well ive got it all back together, but the car runs like crap..... when i mash on the pedal, it stumbles and lumps and takes a while to get moving at all.... im not sure if there is a boost leak, if the plugs wires need replaced (cleaned plugs, didnt look that bad) or if im missing something else....also when im fully boosted, the boost gauge in the car only goes up to about 90% of the way, is that supposed to go all the way to the top? any help will be appreciated...thanks
doug

14b custom turbo kit, modified starion front mount, 9.6:1 JE pistons/Eagle rods....running 12psi
screw flanders

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Mattcky2kDec-23-03 10:05 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12026, "RE: 2g turbo problem"
In response to Reply # 0

i would make sure all the intake pipes and filter is on tight and everyhting and that there are no holes in them and make sure you have the BOV venting into the intake. and the stock "boost gauge" doesen't go all the way up, at least i havent' seen it anyway. i get the stumbling feeling somtimes to when i mash on the gas but i can let up off and it does fine. anyone know what that might be?

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

theallpowerfulmeDec-23-03 10:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#12027, "RE: 2g turbo problem"
In response to Reply # 1

matt change your air filter and see what happens, also think about some plugs. Also, if you don't do aol anymore shoot me an email with you phone numba as i need to speak with you, thx.

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

lickscissorsDec-23-03 11:02 AM
1206 posts,
#12028, "RE: 2g turbo problem"
In response to Reply # 2

the air filter is alright...i thought if it were the plugs it would do miss at higher rpms also.... i was leading toward a fuel problem, but anyone else got any suggestions?
doug

14b custom turbo kit, modified starion front mount, 9.6:1 JE pistons/Eagle rods....running 12psi
screw flanders

lickscissorsDec-23-03 11:07 AM
1206 posts,
#12029, "RE: 2g turbo problem"
In response to Reply # 3

forgot to add that the bov is recirculating and no mods are done
doug

screw flanders

ShadowFurDec-23-03 12:40 PM
Member since Jun 30th 2003
33 posts,
#12030, "RE: 2g turbo problem"
In response to Reply # 4

umm did you rebuild that 2G motor?

If it is it will have major problems... you can't rebuild 2g 7 bolt motors you have to get a new one or put a 6 bolt in

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-23-03 01:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#12031, "RE: 2g turbo problem"
In response to Reply # 5

definetly check for boost leaks. Make sure you check the lower IC pipe too.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

TeamJeff_99gsDec-23-03 04:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#12032, "RE: 2g turbo problem"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by ShadowFur
umm did you rebuild that 2G motor? If it is it will have major problems... you can't rebuild 2g 7 bolt motors you have to get a new one or put a 6 bolt in

Where do you get your information? I've seen tons of rebuilt 2g blocks.

invaznGSTDec-29-03 10:30 AM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
#12033, "RE: 2g turbo problem"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
Originally posted by ShadowFur umm did you rebuild that 2G motor? If it is it will have major problems... you can't rebuild 2g 7 bolt motors you have to get a new one or put a 6 bolt in
Where do you get your information? I've seen tons of rebuilt 2g blocks.

owned!

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

RemyDec-23-03 05:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#12034, "RE: 2g turbo problem"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by ShadowFur
you can't rebuild 2g 7 bolt motors you have to get a new one or put a 6 bolt in

lol

Hello Mr. 12's . How are you today ?

Member # 333

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-23-03 06:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#12035, "RE: 2g turbo problem"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by Remy
Originally posted by ShadowFur you can't rebuild 2g 7 bolt motors you have to get a new one or put a 6 bolt in

Maybe he was talking about one that walked?...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12025 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic