Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12425
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Question about intake" Previous topic | Next topic
Mattcky2kNov-10-03 11:58 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2002
1135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12425, "Question about intake"

i've been looking at getting an open filter air intake and the pipe between the MAF and turbo and the one on machv says it doesnt' come with places to put the vaccum lines that go to the intake pipe and that you can just terminate them by capping off or putting a breather filter on them. my first question is how would you go about doing that and second how would it effect the engine as far as idle and driveability go? TIA

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RemyNov-10-03 12:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12426, "RE: Question about intake"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Mattcky2k
i've been looking at getting an open filter air intake and the pipe between the MAF and turbo and the one on machv says it doesnt' come with places to put the vaccum lines that go to the intake pipe and that you can just terminate them by capping off or putting a breather filter on them. my first question is how would you go about doing that and second how would it effect the engine as far as idle and driveability go? TIA

Well if it doesnt come with the line then what exactly are you capping off ? I dont understand.

I have a injen intake and have the vaccum line capped off with a bolt and it idles just fine.

Hello Mr. 12's . How are you today ?

Member # 333

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTNov-10-03 04:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#12427, "RE: Question about intake"
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-10-03 04:39 PM by eclipzGST

It's the hose that goes from the left side of the valve cover down into the snorkel. You can either put a small filter on the end or get a catch-can. I have a catch-can that has an outlet that goes back onto the intake but it's not necessary.

BTW: I would suggest getting a catch-can simply because I do sometimes have oil in the can that would make a mess of a filter if there was one there.

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

"...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

Mattcky2kNov-10-03 06:12 PM
1135 posts,
#12428, "RE: Question about intake"
In response to Reply # 2

i have the catch can already done but i was wondering about the other 2 or 3 hoses that run to the intake? what are they and how would i go about "terminating" them?

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX: K&N Filter, John Sheppard built transmission with GVR4 1st gear, autometer boost gauge, "free mods", Greddy type-s BOV, broken shifter

ModeratoreclipzGSTNov-10-03 06:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#12429, "RE: Question about intake"
In response to Reply # 3

I think there is only 3 total. The one from the valve cover, the return tube from the BOV and the other is from the charcoal canister. It's just emissions crap. Junk it. (unless you're a dirty tree huggin hippie)

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

BigBaldNov-11-03 04:16 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#12430, "RE: Question about intake"
In response to Reply # 4

There is another on the other side but that gets capped off once you get a boost controller.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

2gdsm_ncNov-19-03 09:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
274 posts,
#12431, "RE: Question about intake"
In response to Reply # 5

http://www.taboospeedshop.com/emissions1.htm this is the info needed

Vandy420aNov-19-03 11:56 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#12432, "RE: Question about intake"
In response to Reply # 6

make sure it has the BOV dump tube hole, or you'll be paying for it later w/expensive fuel management mods...totally not worth it

Vandy

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Mattcky2kNov-19-03 03:22 PM
1135 posts,
#12433, "RE: Question about intake"
In response to Reply # 7

well what are you supposed to cap them off with? one of those small breather filters or what?

BigBaldNov-19-03 04:36 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#12434, "RE: Question about intake"
In response to Reply # 8

Advanced auto sells vaccuum caps son.....

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Vandy420aNov-24-03 04:10 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#12435, "RE: Question about intake"
In response to Reply # 9

Screws and silicone work too....

(just what I had laying around, plus they stick a little better than the caps..)

Vandy

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12425 Previous topic | Next topic