Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10460
View in threaded mode

Subject: "grounding a test pipe?" Previous topic | Next topic
Vandy420aJun-23-04 07:08 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10460, "grounding a test pipe?"

Hey all, I just noticed I stil lhvae what appears to be a ground wire or something similar (braided stainless, it looks like) hanging off my now removed CAT...

I looked underneat the car and the test pipe has a hook up for this, but how crucial is this "wire" ?

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RemyJun-23-04 08:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10461, "RE: grounding a test pipe?"
In response to Reply # 0

o2 senosr wires ?

www.cnnmotorsports.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

chrysler kidJun-23-04 09:06 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#10462, "RE: grounding a test pipe?"
In response to Reply # 1

its just a secure wire, doesnt do anything without a cat, the ca tneeds it because a chemical reaction takes place inside of it it needs a ground

11.65 @ 115

Vandy420aJun-23-04 10:01 AM
2037 posts,
#10463, "RE: grounding a test pipe?"
In response to Reply # 2

thanks!

Diceman19Jun-23-04 05:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#10464, "RE: grounding a test pipe?"
In response to Reply # 3

it was bolted on to the exhaust pipe and looks kinda like the ground strap in the engine bay? i was under the impression that that strap grounds the 02 sensor and is NEEDED for proper gas consumption and etc.

Vandy420aJun-24-04 02:25 AM
2037 posts,
#10465, "RE: grounding a test pipe?"
In response to Reply # 4

maybe it is?

I suppose I could finagle a way to put it back on....

EvMan2345Jun-24-04 04:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#10466, "RE: grounding a test pipe?"
In response to Reply # 5

my 90 has a strap like that near the cat- but theres no 02 sensor there- so i dont think it has to do w/ the o2 sensor

Evan B
97 GS
90 GSX
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10460 Previous topic | Next topic