Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4053
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Air/Fuel Gauge Reading Problems...." Previous topic | Next topic
BigBaldDec-12-03 05:29 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4053, "Air/Fuel Gauge Reading Problems...."

I installed the gauge tonight and only one light lights up under the rich side. I have the autometer ultralight gauge. IT has three wires, one for ground one for power and a purple one which i hooked up to the ECU. Anyone know why i am only getting one bar to light up under rich? Thanks in advace for help.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Hult250RDec-12-03 05:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4054, "RE: Air/Fuel Gauge Reading Problems...."
In response to Reply # 0

what year are you installing it on?
Ive put a couple on 1G's and the o2 sensor wire is buried up under the passenger side kick panel (the one that gets hooked to the purple wire)
Ive got an autometer ultra-lite right now hooked up to that wire and it works fine. Im not sure about 2G's though

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-12-03 07:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#4055, "RE: Air/Fuel Gauge Reading Problems...."
In response to Reply # 1

Double check to make sure you have the correct wire. If you have a 1G, There's is a diagram of the ECU harnesses on VFAQ.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

BigBaldDec-13-03 03:34 AM
2715 posts,
#4056, "RE: Air/Fuel Gauge Reading Problems...."
In response to Reply # 2

I have a 2g and it is hooked up correctly....i will triple check to make sure....

Hult250RDec-13-03 06:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#4057, "RE: Air/Fuel Gauge Reading Problems...."
In response to Reply # 3

It takes it a few minutes for the 02 sensor to warm up and the gauge to start taking a reading. Mine has only one light on until the car warms up for like 5 minutes then it starts working

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-13-03 06:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#4058, "RE: Air/Fuel Gauge Reading Problems...."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Hult250R
It takes it a few minutes for the 02 sensor to warm up and the gauge to start taking a reading. Mine has only one light on until the car warms up for like 5 minutes then it starts working

that is also true.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Hult250RDec-14-03 07:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#4059, "RE: Air/Fuel Gauge Reading Problems...."
In response to Reply # 5

Did ya get it workin yet??

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque

BigBaldDec-15-03 08:16 AM
2715 posts,
#4060, "RE: Air/Fuel Gauge Reading Problems...."
In response to Reply # 6

Yes...it turns out the plastic tap i used wasn't a good connection. So i cut the wire and attached it myself. Now i get a clear signall to the guage altho it seems to be meaningless. I was told it would be nothing more then a light show, but i had no idea it would be like this.

Diceman19Dec-15-03 09:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#4061, "RE: Air/Fuel Gauge Reading Problems...."
In response to Reply # 7

:+ yep. it is good for WOT though. mine stays at .87 at WOT, my AFR is 12.5-12.7 at WOT.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4053 Previous topic | Next topic