Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12331
View in threaded mode

Subject: "ANOTHER FREAKIN PROBLEM ARGH!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Diceman19Dec-15-03 04:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12331, "ANOTHER FREAKIN PROBLEM ARGH!!!!!"

i found an oil leak today. i suspect the bolt that goes into the balance shaft pulley thing but we coated that thing like there was no tomorrow. i just changed the oil too but that was last weekend. the leak just popped up. could it be because it is cold?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamJeff_99gsDec-15-03 05:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12332, "RE: ANOTHER FREAKIN PROBLEM ARGH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Is it coming from the lower timing belt area? It may be the front case leaking. I have the same problem, as does Matt (HyrbriDSM). Another thing you might want to check is how tight the oil filter housing is on there. Take off the oil filter and put a deep 24mm socket there. (you will see what I am talking about).

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Diceman19Dec-16-03 07:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#12333, "RE: ANOTHER FREAKIN PROBLEM ARGH!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

thanks. i got really pissed at first and didnt think about the situation. heres the deal. i changed the oil just a few days ago, and the small puddle i saw was black. i doubt that the oil would be black from just a few days. i looked under the car today and didnt see any spots. i havent noticed any leaks until last night and it was dark. i didnt see it this morning. i may just be smokin crack... it may not be me either. i always have cars around my house and my moms van leaks. oh well. we will see. thanks for the help jeff!

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12331 Previous topic | Next topic