Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9412
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Car starting hard..." Previous topic | Next topic
Pyroman415Nov-19-04 03:15 PM
Member since Dec 03rd 2003
179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9412, "Car starting hard..."

Hello, I have a 98 GS-T. When the weather was warmer the car started fine. It is now cold and it is having a difficult time starting. It only has trouble in the morning on its very first start. It idles very low (approx 100 rpm or less) and i have to crank it longer than normal. When i hold the key while cranking it idles low and slowly brings its way up to normal idle. The car shakes like it is about to stall. The battery is fine. Any ideas of what to check?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamJeff_99gsNov-19-04 03:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9413, "RE: Car starting hard..."
In response to Reply # 0

When did you change your plugs last? They may be old and or fouled and ready for a new set.

It really sounds like a cold cranking issue though. Is the battery new? Does the car idle and run okay once warmed up?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Pyroman415Nov-21-04 08:16 AM
179 posts,
#9414, "RE: Car starting hard..."
In response to Reply # 1

I changed sparks and pluge 3k ago. Once it gets started it runs perfectly. Its just the first start in the morning.

kelvinb1Nov-21-04 09:04 AM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
#9415, "RE: Car starting hard..."
In response to Reply # 2

if i start my eclipse in gear in winter it tries to drive off, even with the clutch engaged. maybe try and start it out of gear if its already not? maybe has nothing to do with it...

97gsxNov-21-04 03:39 PM
Member since Aug 23rd 2004
105 posts,
#9416, "RE: Car starting hard..."
In response to Reply # 3

cars running too rich

'97 GSX (4g63)
99 front facia/Big 16g turbo, 16psi/custom intercooler piping/turbo xs dual stage boost controler/greddy bov/MSD 8.5mm superconductor wires/NGK plugs/18" hyper black rims w/chrome lip/aem drilled and slotted rotors/front upper and rear lower anti-sway bars/test pipe/magnaflow highflow cat/cat back exhaust/eibach springs/ground control coil-overs/1600lbs act clutch/organic flywheel/zeotronics digital air/fuel readout/autometer sportcomp boost and cobalt egt gauges

Pyroman415Nov-23-04 07:10 AM
179 posts,
#9417, "RE: Car starting hard..."
In response to Reply # 4

The last 2 days i started the car, on the first crank the idle drops and it stalls. On the second crank it starts like its a brand new car. How would i fix the richness problem and what would cause it?

Pyroman415Nov-24-04 03:07 PM
179 posts,
#9418, "RE: Car starting hard..."
In response to Reply # 5

Its also lacking power its first minute of driving, it wants to stall very bad and is bogged down. It only does it the first time i start it in the morning,

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9412 Previous topic | Next topic