Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #3041
View in threaded mode

Subject: "What do you guys get for gas mileage?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiOct-06-04 06:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3041, "What do you guys get for gas mileage?"

I've been paying attention lately, and I've been rocking out about 18 mpg w/ all town driving, about 22 with mixed driving, 25 interstate and 27/28 highway.

I think this is pretty damn good considering what is on this car, how much power it has, and how much I lay into it. What are you guys getting?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
DSMTunerS95Oct-06-04 06:37 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2003
185 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3042, "RE: What do you guys get for gas mileage?"
In response to Reply # 0

I wish I was like you ! lol, I'm in a 1g awd, city i get 15-17, highway i get about 20 , got new plugs, wires, fuel filter and o2 sensor, still cant get the milage up, guess i need to tune better, or just ditch the 780's !

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

FlyinEsiOct-06-04 06:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#3043, "RE: What do you guys get for gas mileage?"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah, I'm only running 550s and I am running as lean as possible, but I dont' know if that effects my cruising speeds or if that is controlled separate through the ECU.

soulcontrollerOct-06-04 07:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#3044, "RE: What do you guys get for gas mileage?"
In response to Reply # 2

well stock the 1g's only get 18 in the city anyway :o so thats not so bad.

FlyinEsiOct-06-04 07:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#3045, "RE: What do you guys get for gas mileage?"
In response to Reply # 3

I have managed to get a tank of gas down to 8 mpg before. But that was a full day of driving around after my girlfriend broke up with me. Kind of a spendy hissy fit I had there.

Vandy420aOct-06-04 07:59 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#3046, "RE: What do you guys get for gas mileage?"
In response to Reply # 3

i vary a TON in the city, mainly get extremely poor milage there becuase all of my trips are <3 miles or so, but I still turbo time alot. about 15mpg

On the highway with roadtrips I see 35+mpg when i'm being sensible and just cruising, which is actually most of the time, considering I feel bad harping on the car with an exhaust silencer in and a bunch of shit in the back---

i've actually seen 40mpg highway before limping the car home...

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

JReynosaOct-06-04 02:05 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2003
396 posts,
#3047, "RE: What do you guys get for gas mileage?"
In response to Reply # 5

11 mpg and my car is stock

Diceman19Oct-06-04 05:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#3048, "RE: What do you guys get for gas mileage?"
In response to Reply # 6

i was getting around 22 city. then she broke. dont know what i will get now. have started modding while trying to get her back on her feet. probly closer to 17 or so, or at least real soon.

Vandy420aOct-06-04 05:17 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#3049, "RE: What do you guys get for gas mileage?"
In response to Reply # 7

I know a few guys have chips in their 95 ECU's that supposedly improve gas milage on the highway---i'm curious as to what their highway is...

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

FlyinEsiOct-06-04 05:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#3050, "RE: What do you guys get for gas mileage?"
In response to Reply # 8
Oct-06-04 05:42 PM by FlyinEsi

I have a 95 ecu in mine too, but I'm running DSMlink. I have the fuel leaned out, but I don't know if that affects the mileage on the highway or not. I'm pretty impressed that I even get close to 30mpg with an AWD vehicle.

I used to get 36/37 easy with the ESi, and all of this is at 5,000 ft above sea level too!

TeamJeff_99gsOct-06-04 07:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#3051, "RE: What do you guys get for gas mileage?"
In response to Reply # 9

I managed to hit 430 miles in one tank somehow on my Talon. All highway. That is still amazing though.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #3041 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic