Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10376
View in threaded mode

Subject: "cars not starting" Previous topic | Next topic
EvMan2345Jun-28-04 05:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10376, "cars not starting"

well, my car hasnt been starting. Getting fuel, but spark is weird. ECU has a big burn on it and i hear clicking from relays and stuff. i have 2 ecus, 90 AWD and 90 FWD. AWD ecu in - car doesnt start at all. Just turns over. FWD in, starts but it bogs out like 10 seconds later (idle drops and surges til it dies). Then it wont restart. I put new plugs/wires in. Any suggestions?

Evan B
97 GS
90 GSX
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-28-04 06:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10377, "RE: cars not starting"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-28-04 06:22 AM by eclipzGST

they need new caps. It sounds like the AWD ECU is already shot and the FWD is on it's way...
Try another known good one. ie:out of a running car.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EvMan2345Jun-28-04 06:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#10378, "RE: cars not starting"
In response to Reply # 1

FWD one is in great shape- no leaks, no burns.

Evan B
97 GS
90 GSX
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

TeamJeff_99gsJun-29-04 08:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#10379, "RE: cars not starting"
In response to Reply # 2

It may look like there are no leaks, but once you remove the caps there will be a mess. Mine was the same way.

silvreclipsersJun-29-04 02:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#10380, "RE: cars not starting"
In response to Reply # 3

I would try another ecu, I had the same problem

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10376 Previous topic | Next topic