Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #701
View in threaded mode

Subject: "You guys are never going to believe this..." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
FlyinEsiApr-21-09 09:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#701, "You guys are never going to believe this..."

My car caught on fire this morning on the way to work. Just as I get to work, smoke is coming from under the hood. I pop the hood and I have my battery on fire.

Life is great.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
BigBaldFeb-08-06 05:48 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#702, "RE: You guys are never going to believe this..."
In response to Reply # 0

I hope this is an early april fools joke.

What the hell happened?

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ScreaminEFeb-08-06 05:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#703, "RE: You guys are never going to believe this..."
In response to Reply # 1

I think I'm gonna be sick.

FlyinEsiFeb-08-06 06:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#704, "RE: You guys are never going to believe this..."
In response to Reply # 2

I don't know what happened, but I think my battery slid forward when i was stopping and my cruise control cable crossed the battery terminal and grounded out. Sparks started flying, as claimed by a lady behind me in traffic, I pulled over, lifted the hood and my battery had huge flames coming out of it. I blew them out, doused the battery with water, pulled it out. I have some wire damage running to the injectors, etc. The battery terminals are toast, the cruise control cable is completely melted through, and one of my I/C pipe connectors is burned through.

I hope this doesn't get expensive.

97eclipse97Feb-08-06 07:10 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#705, "RE: You guys are never going to believe this..."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I don't know what happened, but I think my battery slid forward when i was stopping and my cruise control cable crossed the battery terminal and grounded out. Sparks started flying, as claimed by a lady behind me in traffic, I pulled over, lifted the hood and my battery had huge flames coming out of it. I blew them out, doused the battery with water, pulled it out. I have some wire damage running to the injectors, etc. The battery terminals are toast, the cruise control cable is completely melted through, and one of my I/C pipe connectors is burned through. I hope this doesn't get expensive.

I think you got lucky personally. That could have been a lot worse. Looks like you just need new injector wiring, battery, and i/c connectors. This is a good reason to get rid of cruise control at least. Defintily the worst part is the injector wires. Good luck!

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

destruckeclipseFeb-08-06 07:16 AM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#706, "RE: You guys are never going to believe this..."
In response to Reply # 4

Sorry to hear about the problems. Well, you can always look o the positive side, it didn't burn to the ground.

Do you have the battery tie down on the car? I took my strut bar off cause I didn't want my battery to hit it and cause something similar.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

DSMxTSiFeb-08-06 10:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
#707, "RE: You guys are never going to believe this..."
In response to Reply # 5

Damn, that sucks. It sure could have been worse, but hopefully the electrical currents didn't mess up something unseen. Hope you get it back on the road soon.

n2opowerdesiFeb-08-06 01:05 PM
Member since Dec 16th 2005
3 posts,
#708, "RE: You guys are never going to believe this..."
In response to Reply # 6

Wow it could have been sooooo much worse believe me about a mouth ago I was driving down the road and my talon esi started to catch on fire I got out just before the car went up in flames it all burned up in to nothing. NO JOKE AT ALL I had no idea what happened. till maybe now.

All4thaN0okieFeb-17-06 01:57 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
#709, "RE: You guys are never going to believe this..."
In response to Reply # 7

didn't the battery explode on the old car??

slowmitsuFeb-18-06 06:40 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#710, "RE: You guys are never going to believe this..."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by All4thaN0okie
didn't the battery explode on the old car??

No. The car was wrecked on the freeway.

_______

BPU'd skittle

Diceman19Feb-18-06 07:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#711, "RE: You guys are never going to believe this..."
In response to Reply # 9

battery tie down? there is a reason the track wants you to have one, this is probably an example of such a reason.

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #701 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic