Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6666
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Its on, sold the FP3052 Bought the GT4088R" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic
MFGRacing90GSXApr-21-09 09:18 AM
Member since Oct 14th 2005
86 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6666, "Its on, sold the FP3052 Bought the GT4088R"

Well like the title says, I have sold the FP 3052, I now have bought a Garrett GT4088R, The Lincoln 225 Tig welder will be here on wed. Material for building the tubular manifold. & the new GT4088R will be here later on in the week Forced Performance RULES!!! All I have to say for the fellow Mid tenn peeps is "IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG" Biotch...... lol anywho, This is going to still be a MAX effort street car. Meaning that it will be a track car unless I wanna drive it to town or just wanna go play around a bit. So needing some sugestions of where to place the turbo. I thought mabe runnning Half radiator, or having the 4 inch inlet kinda stickin out of the hood. Or like shearfab.com has done here

Any suggestions let me know draw it up.....

Matt
MFG Racing

http://dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1310

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
kelvinb1Sep-17-06 02:37 PM
Member since Apr 06th 2004
1543 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6667, "RE: Its on, sold the FP3052 Bought the GT4088R"
In response to Reply # 0

no matter what, that is a huge turbo...but thats a gt42r

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

destruckeclipseSep-17-06 03:58 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#6668, "RE: Its on, sold the FP3052 Bought the GT4088R"
In response to Reply # 1

Wow, sweet turbo man! Post pics when its all finished

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

BlackMagicSep-17-06 06:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#6669, "RE: Its on, sold the FP3052 Bought the GT4088R"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by kelvinb1

I think that was just a picture of what his setup might look like, either way it's huge.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

420a-TnthewerksSep-17-06 06:53 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#6670, "RE: Its on, sold the FP3052 Bought the GT4088R"
In response to Reply # 1
Sep-17-06 06:55 PM by 420a-Tnthewerks

Originally posted by kelvinb1

He wasn't saying that's HIS setup, he was just showing it as an example of how to place his turbo.. which looks good to me.

And.. WOW, Nice!

Edit - ^ yeah what Curt said, my computer was going really slow..

TeamDR1665Sep-18-06 08:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#6671, "RE: Its on, sold the FP3052 Bought the GT4088R"
In response to Reply # 4

What are they putting in the water down there? You Tennessee guys are getting buck wild with the turbos. Insane!

MFGRacing90GSXSep-18-06 01:02 PM
Member since Oct 14th 2005
86 posts,
#6672, "RE: Its on, sold the FP3052 Bought the GT4088R"
In response to Reply # 5
Sep-18-06 01:15 PM by MFGRacing90GSX

Yes the picture was an example of placement. However we are fab. the manifold using a GT42R turbochager for when were later upgrade to the GT42R. We are just trying to find the best placement right now.... Our goal is low 9's with the setup we are running who knows what'll happen. If that doesn't happen then comes a friend called the GT42R.... the only downfall to that is we are trying to keep this a GASOLINE car. with the GT42R it'll be real hard to do without methanol or something...

Also the Jackass that WAS buying the turbo back out at the last possible sencond, I really hate that... so up for sale in case anyone know of anyone looking for a nice turbo I still have the FP3052 setup for sale. Need to sell fast.. help!

Ohh Yeah, There as far as where there putting in the Tennessee water, I don't know but when I look into that water I see the reflecion of the GSX going 9's... lol

Matt
MFG Racing

http://dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1310

FlyinEsiSep-20-06 09:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#6673, "RE: Its on, sold the FP3052 Bought the GT4088R"
In response to Reply # 6

If you are going for 9's, you may want to go with bigger injectors. Unless I'm not seeing something...

Anybody else agree??

ModeratoreclipzGSTSep-20-06 11:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#6674, "RE: Its on, sold the FP3052 Bought the GT4088R"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
If you are going for 9's, you may want to go with bigger injectors. Unless I'm not seeing something... Anybody else agree??

I'd go bigger with that setup no matter what my goals. Better safe than sorry.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

BOOSTED ECLIPSESep-20-06 11:51 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2004
381 posts,
#6675, "RE: Its on, sold the FP3052 Bought the GT4088R"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by eclipzGST
Originally posted by FlyinEsi If you are going for 9's, you may want to go with bigger injectors. Unless I'm not seeing something... Anybody else agree??
I'd go bigger with that setup no matter what my goals. Better safe than sorry.

Yeah, he is going with bigger injectors. I not sure which ones he is planing on running, but he is running close to 100% duty cycle on the 720s with the FP3052 setup he has now.

Joe
MFG Racing

95 GS
MSnS
FP3052 coming soon.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1107

http://www.cardomain.com/id/95turbogs

clipse_2005Sep-20-06 12:16 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2005
269 posts,
#6676, "RE: Its on, sold the FP3052 Bought the GT4088R"
In response to Reply # 9

100% duty cycle on 720cc injectors... WOW... to hell with pictures when you are done, I want to see a video!!!

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #6666 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic