Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2007 DSM Shootout topic #249
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Need some encouragement to go." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratormicyekMay-24-07 07:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#249, "Need some encouragement to go."

I don't know guys...I'm on the fence on weather I'm going to go this year. Here's the deal, first my new job doesn't let me use vacation time for 6 months, but I do have a couple of personal days I can use.

Second, my Talon is basically stranded at my house until my wife finishes up her training in Grand Rapids and moves in with me in Lansing, (I had to move in with my dad for my new job). So I can't really work on getting booger Shoot Out road trip ready until maybe mid-June.

Third I'm going with my dad to the Bloomington Gold Corvette show in mid-June, so there's another long road trip. We are doing a ground up restoration of 1970 Stingray rag top. I don't care what anyone says...Corvettes are cooler than DSM's.

And finally gas prices are just stupid right now...and the only thing we can do, to make a difference, is change our driving habits in protest.

So what do you guys think? Make me go. LOL

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-24-07 12:04 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#250, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 0

Its once a year we get together to see each other and get drunk. Besides, we wont be havng any chicagoland meets this year.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

totaleklipse97May-24-07 04:12 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#251, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 1
May-24-07 04:14 PM by totaleklipse97

Kent, no worries.. you can just look at all the old shootout pics and remember the good times. =) I can't make it this year either. I have a crap ton of shit I have to do for school that weekend and I'll be an extra 6 hours in the wrong direction from Norwalk. Maybe we can have a Michigan meet before the end of summer? Talk to some of the guys up there and see what we can set up. Since chicago is being a bunch of douches =P

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

ModeratorxcasbonxMay-24-07 04:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#252, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 2

Well perhaps not a 'Chicagoland' meet, but I may look into trying to throw another one like I did a couple summers ago. It's centralized and people from chitown, michigan, indy...etc will all travel around the same distance for the most part.

Kent, like Terry said...it's usually the only chance we can all get together in person and hangout, get drunk, check out all the races and whatever else. Thats enough encouragement for me to go.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-25-07 08:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#253, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by micyek
I don't know guys...I'm on the fence on weather I'm going to go this year.

Nobody wants you there anyway, Gomer.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-25-07 05:07 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#254, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by totaleklipse97
Kent, no worries.. you can just look at all the old shootout pics and remember the good times. =) I can't make it this year either. I have a crap ton of shit I have to do for school that weekend and I'll be an extra 6 hours in the wrong direction from Norwalk. Maybe we can have a Michigan meet before the end of summer? Talk to some of the guys up there and see what we can set up. Since chicago is being a bunch of douches =P

Dont even give me that asshole. Your 50% of the reason we arent having one because everytime i try to set one up you cry and whine because you have plans to suck on some fucking cock you met at the gay bar. just send your mom, I bet she is more fun than you anyway.

See kent.....right there is a reason to go. Dont go and you will end up gobbling cock just like stanley.

whodatt1Jun-05-07 09:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#264, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Originally posted by totaleklipse97 Kent, no worries.. you can just look at all the old shootout pics and remember the good times. =) I can't make it this year either. I have a crap ton of shit I have to do for school that weekend and I'll be an extra 6 hours in the wrong direction from Norwalk. Maybe we can have a Michigan meet before the end of summer? Talk to some of the guys up there and see what we can set up. Since chicago is being a bunch of douches =P
Dont even give me that asshole. Your 50% of the reason we arent having one because everytime i try to set one up you cry and whine because you have plans to suck on some fucking cock you met at the gay bar. just send your mom, I bet she is more fun than you anyway. See kent.....right there is a reason to go. Dont go and you will end up gobbling cock just like stanley.

HAHAHA....SNAP!

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

TeamXtremeRSJun-13-07 06:39 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#265, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 4

Kent, you are going. End of discussion.

Whats up with all the people bailing out this year? I dont care what has to be done, i'm making every shootout.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Diceman19Jun-13-07 07:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#266, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by XtremeRS
Kent, you are going. End of discussion. Whats up with all the people bailing out this year? I dont care what has to be done, i'm making every shootout.

are you quiting your job and getting a divorce?

i'll be there.

btw, someone PM me chris's address. that FG aint replyin to my PM's and i need to get on planning this trip.

2gtalon420aJun-13-07 09:14 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2007
30 posts,
#267, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 0

you should def go had very fun time last feew years

TeametxJun-13-07 01:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#268, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 8

If you don't go I'm gonna drive out to GR and kick you the fuck apart. How about that?

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2007 DSM Shootout topic #249 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic