Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #28163
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Same sex marriage and polygamy" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic
DSMRoadsterOct-19-07 09:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28163, "Same sex marriage and polygamy"

Who's for and who's against it. I wanna hear some personal thoughts and NO FLAMING. Religion will play a big aspect in this debate. But I wanna know how deep is your conviction in your beliefs. Here are the facts. Massachusettes is the only state to allow same sex marriages and this is only by default and a technicality. The Federal Governemtn does not recognize same sex marriage. About 47 other states don't recognize same sex marriage. So how much role should the government play in the family with much emphasis on marriage. With that said, how different is polygamy when the beliefs in same sex arguement mirrors it?

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Nine5eclipse03Oct-17-07 09:18 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2004
335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28164, "RE: Same sex marriage and polygamy"
In response to Reply # 0

I for one, being a straight, republican, 22 year old catholic, believe in same sex marriage. I dont think that the government or anyone else should have any say when it comes to who you want to marry. Marry a horse for all i care, it doesnt matter. I can understand if a church denies holding a ceramony for a same sex marriage, but it should not be simply illegal. Its not a choice, i dont understand why people take it to heart.

I cant count the number of bumper stickers around the city that ive seen on old peoples cars that show "Man + Woman = Marriage" that i have walked up to and ripped off vehicles. I feel very strongly about this subject, most likely from personally knowing a handful in the gay community.

Don't sell your car to 16 year olds...

95 Eclipse RS - Sold for 6k, totalled three days later
91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT - 3" exhaust w/ no cats, eurethane motor mounts, 300M unbreakable output shaft, kevlar faced clutch, turbo XS BOV, 99 3000gt front conversion, carbon fiber hood. Dyno'd at 386hp. - SOLD! for 5k
98 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4 black on black.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorcs82685Oct-18-07 01:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#28166, "RE: Same sex marriage and polygamy"
In response to Reply # 1
Oct-18-07 01:12 AM by cs82685

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
I for one, being a straight, republican, 22 year old catholic, believe in same sex marriage. I dont think that the government or anyone else should have any say when it comes to who you want to marry. Marry a horse for all i care, it doesnt matter. I can understand if a church denies holding a ceramony for a same sex marriage, but it should not be simply illegal.

Agreed. (I'm also 22, catholic, straight, republican, lol)

There was an episode of South Park addressing this, instead of being called married they can be called 'butt buddies' HAHA. Seriously though, if a church doesn't want to do it fine, but I don't see why they can't have the same rights (healthcare benefits/collecting pensions/etc.) just because they are the same sex.

As for polygamy, if a man wants to live with more than one headache for the rest of his life, that should be his decision. Again that seems like a religious choice, not a choice that should be made by government.

Edit: this has the potential to be a very interesting discussion, those posting in it, just state your opinions, no name calling or ripping on others beliefs. Although I love a good debate, e-debate's usually turn into a pissing contest about who has a bigger dick and we don't need/want that. If it gets out of hand it'll be closed, until then happy discussion

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-18-07 01:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#28167, "RE: Same sex marriage and polygamy"
In response to Reply # 2

I personally could give a shit either way. I believe in personal happiness. A gay couple who will probably spend the rest of their lives together as "husband and wife" should be entitled to any benefits as a M/F couple.
My question is, when should I expect Dino and Brian to visit Massachusetts? And also, am I invited to the wedding?

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

ModeratormicyekOct-18-07 01:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#28169, "RE: Same sex marriage and polygamy"
In response to Reply # 3
Oct-18-07 01:49 AM by micyek

What I don't get is that Michigan doesn't recognize same sex marriage...but the university I work for does. How the hell does that work?

BTW I could care less either way....just leave me the hell alone. LOL I mean, if your are a gay dude and you see me in the bar...do not buy me a beer, you might just get punched in the face with it.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Fallen4ng31Oct-18-07 02:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#28171, "RE: Same sex marriage and polygamy"
In response to Reply # 4
Oct-18-07 02:42 AM by Fallen4ng31

I was raised protestant, but turned my back on it. Honestly I'm all for gay marriage. If you find someone else that makes you happy; so be it. Be it a man or woman, that is irrelevant. My best friend of nearly 20 years happens to be gay. Personally, I can understand why the vast majority of churches don't recognize it. It seems to be mostly fundamentalist christians (A concept which seems to be localized almost exclusively in the US) that are opposed to this.
As far as polygamy goes, in our predominately monogamous society it is generally frowned upon. Personally, I believe if you haven't committed youself to one person, then by all means date or bang as many people as you want. I am engaged so I don't mess around anymore. Monogamy, in and of itself, is an interesting concept. Very few animals exhibit monogamous behavior. Somewhere around 3% in mammals, I think. (I'm sure someone is thinking about birds now. Ornithological monogamy is more often than not social than exclusively sexual.) But I digress, as long as you're not killing people or molesting children, do what makes you happy. But let others have that same freedom; All too often is our society plagued by double standards.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

eclipse982nrRSTOct-18-07 02:51 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#28172, "RE: Same sex marriage and polygamy"
In response to Reply # 5

If a guy wants to marry a guy, or a woman loves a woman, let them get married. Does it really harm you? No it doesnt. Then why does the gov't care? Because they are retarded.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

totaleklipse97Oct-18-07 03:30 AM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#28173, "RE: Same sex marriage and polygamy"
In response to Reply # 6

With regards to non-common-law states I do think same sex marriage should be allowed. Their dictation of "domestic partner" is completely unfair for standard couples wishing not to get married, but share domiciles. Same sex partners are granted legal rights in those states under the same conditions that would not be met if they were a traditional pair. To me religion does not play a factor in this at all, as I am not religious. I do feel laws should be fair to all involved, and not selective based on sexual orientation. We all have the legal right to pursue happiness, and if that is the course of action that allows them to be happy, and it is not interfere with others ability to seek personal happiness, then by all means, allow them to do what they wish.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

Nine5eclipse03Oct-18-07 09:17 AM
335 posts,
#28179, "RE: Same sex marriage and polygamy"
In response to Reply # 7

Gay people are gettin married folks. Yes. NASTY. Immagine that. Two women... touchin on each others titty-balls. Caressin them, gently strokin those nipples till they get so... stiff! And Erect! Blowin on em.

Men, bar-b-que. I like you. I like you too Dawg. Lets get married man. Its Crazy! That shit is gross!

91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT - 3" exhaust w/ no cats, eurethane motor mounts, 300M unbreakable output shaft, kevlar faced clutch, turbo XS BOV, 99 3000gt front conversion, carbon fiber hood. Dyno'd at 386hp. - SOLD! for 5k

MalenkoOct-18-07 10:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#28181, "RE: Same sex marriage and polygamy"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
I cant count the number of bumper stickers around the city that ive seen on old peoples cars that show "Man + Woman = Marriage" that i have walked up to and ripped off vehicles. I feel very strongly about this subject, most likely from personally knowing a handful in the gay community.

I personally dont have a problem with gay marriage. However, you have no right to remove bumper stickers from someone elses car because you dont agree with thier point of view. If you had a pro gay marriage bumper sticker and someone removed it, wouldnt you be pissed? You must understand that no matter how wrong thier opinion is in your eyes it is still their right to have it.

My only real gripe with gay couples is every time I see 2 girls and even 2 guys together, its like they have to be all over each other all the time. Thats disrepectful to the general populace in my eyes and it feels , to me, like they are just doing it for attention and are completely unaware that the shock factor has worn off years ago.

Nine5eclipse03Oct-18-07 10:38 AM
335 posts,
#28182, "RE: Same sex marriage and polygamy"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by Malenko
Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03 I cant count the number of bumper stickers around the city that ive seen on old peoples cars that show "Man + Woman = Marriage" that i have walked up to and ripped off vehicles. I feel very strongly about this subject, most likely from personally knowing a handful in the gay community.
I personally dont have a problem with gay marriage. However, you have no right to remove bumper stickers from someone elses car because you dont agree with thier point of view. If you had a pro gay marriage bumper sticker and someone removed it, wouldnt you be pissed? You must understand that no matter how wrong thier opinion is in your eyes it is still their right to have it. My only real gripe with gay couples is every time I see 2 girls and even 2 guys together, its like they have to be all over each other all the time. Thats disrepectful to the general populace in my eyes and it feels , to me, like they are just doing it for attention and are completely unaware that the shock factor has worn off years ago.

I dont care if its their right to have it or not. They shouldnt have shit like that on their cars. Its my belief that hondas suck nuts, but i dont have a bumper sticker that proclaims it.

Does it bother you when you see a man and a woman all over each other in public? There should be no difference. I dont like PDA, its annoying, but i dont see a difference in the two.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #28163 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic