Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #2689
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Buying a new car...." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
midnitetill678Feb-07-06 03:04 PM
Member since Jan 19th 2005
176 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2689, "Buying a new car...."

Buying a new SRT-4. Thought i would announce it here first.
Ill still keep and work on the eclipse. Still be my project car. Will always be my number one.

I've bought many a used car. Never bought new. Anyone got some tips for my new car buying experience? How much you think i can talk the dealer down to. Sticker is 21,900. White, w/ 16miles.

*98 eclipse rs
*2005 srt4 (screw the warranty let the modifications begin)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
joeck76Feb-07-06 03:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2690, "RE: Buying a new car...."
In response to Reply # 0

Best tip i can give you is settle for a payment and stand on it dont let him throw anyother crap in there and in the end your payment is 50 more than it was, also if they ask you for all that maintance crap say no!!! it costs thousands and it covers oil changes and all but your paying interest on it too and it can easily turn a base stick price from 21,900 to a 35,000 dollar loan. change your own oil do your own service and screw your warranty cause let me tell ya the second you sit in that car and drive it off the lot you will loose about 10 grand right off the top, dont believe me do the math. and it all goes down hill from there, i will never buy a "brand new" car again one of lifes lessons learned. but goot luck in your car and keep that bottom line price the same, more down means you can negotiate a better over all total, you go in there with 1000 down and you want a 21000 dollar car for 19000 they will laugh at you but you walk in there with 4,000 down they know your serious and you can probably easily talk your way to 19,000. money talks. good luck
joe

98 RS: Mods: Custom Stage 2 Turbo kit , 55mm throttle body, gutted cat, evo cat back exhaust, p/p intake manifold,p/p Head, af-x underdrive pulley, B&M short throw shifter,Built bottom end Je pistons eagle rods 8.8:1 compression.

Custom stage 2 hahn turbo kit
Hahn Super 16g turbo (ceramic coated)
Hahn manifold (ceramic coated)
Hahn Downpipe assembly
Hahn intercooler piping smic
Hahn oil line kit
Type s bov
2G Gsx smic
walbro 255 fuel pump
Synapse missing link
Vortech s-fmu
NGK Bkr7e11 Plugs
A-pillar w/boost, a/f, oil pressure gauges

New Addition: 2007 Eclipse GT 6 speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlizareFeb-07-06 03:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#2691, "RE: Buying a new car...."
In response to Reply # 0

Congrats,

Tell him you are gonna mod the shit out of it and you don't need the warranty. lol

That might bring the price down

Maybe not.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

EclipseTenzoRFeb-07-06 03:27 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#2692, "RE: Buying a new car...."
In response to Reply # 2

Give a number you know they can't touch. Don't even make a reasonable number don't go off of sticker price either. The trick is giving the number you know they can't touch and be prepared to walk out the door if they dont make it. Trust me they will do anything to get your business that day. They will always ask what can we do today to earn your business. I almost bought an Acura TSX for $4k under the sticker price and this was a brand new 06' fully loaded black with black leather except navigation. This was a car that goes quick to so usually they wont settle alot less on a car they know they can sell to someone else. But thats the best info I can give you. Walk in with a number in your head you expect they wont be able to give you.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

gramozekaFeb-07-06 03:49 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
#2693, "RE: Buying a new car...."
In response to Reply # 3

Are you financing... if not than:
how about this... got to srt forum find out what did people pay for their new cars take the average. Got to the stealership give them a price 1g below average sit their and negotiate, to the point were they will give you the average price... than say that you will take the car but they will have to include all the dealership fees. In my experience those can amount up to $700. If they start saying that the dealership fees are standard don’t believe them it is all crap they can cross those out even if they are printed in the invoice. When they will agree to sell it for the average price with everything included take it.

Can't help with finance... in my opinion it is not a good deal at all.

Don't forget to brake in your car.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional rigidity)
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

Diceman19Feb-07-06 09:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#2701, "RE: Buying a new car...."
In response to Reply # 4

my advice? buy a house instead of a car...

Dualgen2Feb-08-06 02:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#2707, "RE: Buying a new car...."
In response to Reply # 5

All neon's, including SRT-4's, loose their value really fast so I would try to find a used one w/ low miles. That's just me though. I see people trade in one and 2 year old Range Rovers and Land Rovers and see how upside down they are. Then again, these people don't value $. I just can't picture myself buying a brand new car just to $ money on it so fast. Getting a house sounds good to. I need a daily driver.

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

cougar694uFeb-08-06 03:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#2710, "RE: Buying a new car...."
In response to Reply # 6
Feb-08-06 03:26 AM by cougar694u

Buy the GAP insurance

In the event you total your car, your insurance company will only pay you market value of the car, leaving you with the remaining amount on your loan. The GAP insurance covers that 'gap'.

Base: $19,197.00
Destination fee: $595.00

Bringing total base invoice to: $19,792.00

MSRP: $20,700.00

That makes total MSRP: $21,295.00

Tell them you'll do it for base invoice. They may laugh, but start from there. Maybe tell them you do it for invoice plus destination fee, $19,792.00. That's only $1503 difference that neither the dealer nor the salesperson is losing, and the value of the vehicle's only going to decline. If they don't budge, don't get smug or an attitude, just say, okay, I'm sure another sales person would be happy to add another sale to their volume this month, then get up and roll out.

**EDIT**
PS, did they not make it in 2006? I only found it in 2005.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

jsupetranFeb-08-06 06:20 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#2715, "RE: Buying a new car...."
In response to Reply # 6
Feb-08-06 06:21 AM by jsupetran

Originally posted by Dualgen2
All neon's, including SRT-4's, loose their value really fast so I would try to find a used one w/ low miles. r.

I personally would not waste my money on a car that will lose so much value. I'd at least buy a year old used srt. Plus, I've read on Car and Driver that they are no longer going to produce the Neon and are replacing the model with a suv/car called the Caliber.

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

BlizareFeb-08-06 08:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#2724, "RE: Buying a new car...."
In response to Reply # 8

Yea I would never buy a new car cause of the huge depreciation. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing i lost thousands of dollars overnight

My dad saved almost 15K in depreciation buying a 1 year old Chevy Avalanche. LOL

It had 10K miles on it ans was pretty much mint. And he didn't lose 15K which would almost buy the car you are buying.

Oh yea, Buy a used one and then actually buy something that will make you money.

Like a House.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

ezFeb-08-06 09:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#2727, "RE: Buying a new car...."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by Blizare
Oh yea, Buy a used one and then actually buy something that will make you money. Like a House.

No, do NOT buy a house in 2006. NO - READ this again. We have seen the top of the housing bubble, it will be decline from here. Now that Greenspan has left the command to Ben at the Fed, I don't know what will exactly happen with interest rates. But I do know that speculative buying and low int rates have led to a majorly overinflated housing market. On top of that, 1 trillion $ (YES TRILLION) dollars of adjustable mortgages will change over to the next higher int rate in 2007. Look out below!

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #2689 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic