Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #26653
View in threaded mode

Subject: "WooHoo!!! Job offer!" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
95_ESi_PersonAug-17-07 06:44 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26653, "WooHoo!!! Job offer!"

I just got a new job offer today for a large company in the field that I want.

I'm going to take it, that I know. But the thing that bothers me is the fact that last weekend my boss' boss called me, along with the HR manager for the company stating that they would do everything that they had to do to make sure that I succeed, including firing everybody on my shift and starting fresh.

I'm thinking of saying screw it, put in my notice after they come next week anyway. If I get fired after my notice is given I will count that as my vacation for the year and go make the trip to India to visit my parents who are working overseas (I'm not paying for it either!).

The new job pays roughly twice as much as I'm making now, but is an hour away as opposed to 15 minutes. I'd be in an office instead of out on the floor in the heat (closer to what I was expecting with a Masters degree).

I'm so excited. It's a win win either way! If I get to finish the notice I get paid, if I don't, I get a free vacation (minus the cost to drive to and from O'Hare International Airport).

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
destruckeclipseAug-17-07 08:25 AM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26657, "RE: WooHoo!!! Job offer!"
In response to Reply # 0

You don't get the new job for a year? Why quit now? I would keep working maybe you'll get a better position by the years time.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorcs82685Aug-17-07 09:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#26658, "RE: WooHoo!!! Job offer!"
In response to Reply # 1

Congrats on the job offer

Originally posted by destruckeclipse
You don't get the new job for a year? Why quit now? I would keep working maybe you'll get a better position by the years time.

Where'd you read that? I didn't see it.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

goalie40Aug-17-07 10:03 AM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#26659, "RE: WooHoo!!! Job offer!"
In response to Reply # 2

twice the pay means you can afford a car that can get there twice as fast so now its only a half hour commute. I had a hour commute back in the day. About a week after I got my eclipse I did that same drive in 27 min only once but damn I had fun doing it.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

95_ESi_PersonAug-17-07 02:05 PM
3260 posts,
#26666, "RE: WooHoo!!! Job offer!"
In response to Reply # 3
Aug-17-07 02:10 PM by 95_ESi_Person

Thanks guys. The job starts in less than a month, not a year, its that I don't have any vacation days to use so if I get fired, I'm considering that my vacation.

As for the commute, its what I was doing when I started my job here and it wasn't that bad except for filling up every other day. Unfortunately the Trailblazer is my most fuel efficient vehicle at this point.

This job will also aide in my Regal buildup!

foggy45Aug-17-07 06:28 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#26671, "RE: WooHoo!!! Job offer!"
In response to Reply # 4

take the job, wear whatever you want to work for 2 weeks
buy an XM radio and enjoy your drive in the mornings
laugh at the slugs at your old job making half as much as you

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

vegasdsmrAug-17-07 08:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#26673, "RE: WooHoo!!! Job offer!"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by foggy45
take the job, wear whatever you want to work for 2 weeks buy an XM radio and enjoy your drive in the mornings laugh at the slugs at your old job making half as much as you

congrats on the offer..

p.s. fuck XM, sirius FTMFW.....

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

95_ESi_PersonAug-18-07 12:07 PM
3260 posts,
#26682, "RE: WooHoo!!! Job offer!"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by vegasdsmr
Originally posted by foggy45 take the job, wear whatever you want to work for 2 weeks buy an XM radio and enjoy your drive in the mornings laugh at the slugs at your old job making half as much as you
congrats on the offer.. p.s. fuck XM, sirius FTMFW.....

Trailblazer already has Sirius. I'm set!

foggy45Aug-18-07 02:22 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#26683, "RE: WooHoo!!! Job offer!"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by vegasdsmr
p.s. fuck XM, sirius FTMFW.....

XM, Sirius, HD radio whatever trips your trigger

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

TeamDR1665Aug-18-07 04:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#26684, "RE: WooHoo!!! Job offer!"
In response to Reply # 8

Congrats, man.

Tell your current employer that you appreciate their support, but that you have to do what is best for you. Share the offer with them and why you're attracted to it. Show them you respect and appreciate them and you will bank some karma in the process. If they flip out on you, then you can walk away knowing you tried to honor them and they did not accept it.

Go visit your parents and catch a vacation.

destruckeclipseAug-18-07 09:55 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#26689, "RE: WooHoo!!! Job offer!"
In response to Reply # 9

My bad, I read it wrong. Seems like a good deal to me then

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #26653 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic