Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #22295
View in threaded mode

Subject: "My parts guy is great" Previous topic | Next topic
Slo2gMar-21-07 05:23 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22295, "My parts guy is great"

I love working in the auto field. I just got a great deal on some parts for the 1gen and I just thought I would share. I got an oil pump housing and gears, timing belt, idler pulley, water pump, and tensioner, and sprocket for $437! Oh well I am through with my excitement.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
CollenteMar-21-07 09:57 AM
Member since Sep 20th 2002
2447 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22313, "RE: My parts guy is great"
In response to Reply # 0

wanna get me a timing belt too?
Nick
97RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Pitchblack98Mar-21-07 10:25 AM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#22316, "RE: My parts guy is great"
In response to Reply # 1
Mar-21-07 10:26 AM by Pitchblack98

Not to brag, but when I did my timing belt on my 2gnt I got my belt, tensioner, tensioner pulley, crank seal, cam seals, waterpump, WP gasket, and new front and rear timing cover for $105 all OEM at the dealership. It does help that my brother-in-law is the parts/service manager. Djtrickee has benefited from that a couple of times.

djtrickeeMar-21-07 10:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#22321, "RE: My parts guy is great"
In response to Reply # 2
Mar-21-07 11:12 AM by djtrickee

Originally posted by Pitchblack98
Not to brag, but when I did my timing belt on my 2gnt I got my belt, tensioner, tensioner pulley, crank seal, cam seals, waterpump, WP gasket, and new front and rear timing cover for $105 all OEM at the dealership. It does help that my brother-in-law is the parts/service manager. Djtrickee has benefited from that a couple of times.

Word to your monther (yours too dylan)

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

edxmonMar-21-07 10:59 AM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#22322, "RE: My parts guy is great"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by djtrickee
Word to your monther (yours too dylan)

Hmm... "monther"

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

Pitchblack98Mar-21-07 11:03 AM
1691 posts,
#22323, "RE: My parts guy is great"
In response to Reply # 4

I was wondering the same thing... lol

Slo2gMar-21-07 12:10 PM
1074 posts,
#22330, "RE: My parts guy is great"
In response to Reply # 5

This was for a 1g TSI AWD. Not the 2gnt. That stuff is quite a bit more for a 4g than a 420a.

ScreaminEMar-21-07 12:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#22331, "RE: My parts guy is great"
In response to Reply # 5

and your happy about that price?

Slo2gMar-22-07 01:57 AM
1074 posts,
#22358, "RE: My parts guy is great"
In response to Reply # 7

I think that its a pretty good price considering its OEM. Not aftermarket like topline etc.

Pitchblack98Mar-22-07 03:07 AM
1691 posts,
#22359, "RE: My parts guy is great"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Slo2g
This was for a 1g TSI AWD. Not the 2gnt. That stuff is quite a bit more for a 4g than a 420a.

Not really. I rebuilt my 4g in my 91 gsx and got 2g oversized pistons, rings, rod and main bearings, and a complete gasket kit from the dealership. All of that cost me about $230. I can get Mitsu, honda, or acura parts for cost. I can get parts cheaper at the dealership than I can from autozone. lol... I've gotten a few people here new handles when theirs broke for $25 plus what ever it cost me to ship it to them.

I no longer own a Mitsu or Honda so I don't benefit from it anymore. I need a hook up at a Nissan and Mazda dealership now. lol.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #22295 Previous topic | Next topic