Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #40149
View in threaded mode

Subject: "the coates heads again" Previous topic | Next topic
BlackBomexTalonMay-26-09 04:40 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2004
88 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40149, "the coates heads again"

I was cruising around on the internet and the CSRV head popped up again. I havent found anything useful to bank on with their setup aside from us, Canada and China having thrown major coin at them for R&D. Too bad I found this link a couple weeks late or we could have had someone from the Jersey area go and check out what they're doing. When I was at Whoatech like 2 years ago now they were supposed to be unveiling something substantial back then... eh oh well.

http://mostadvancedengine.com/

Oh and the self adjusting wheel bearing seems interesting.

2.4 Swapped again...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
turbo8uMay-30-09 08:30 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40205, "RE: the coates heads again"
In response to Reply # 0

I heard some shit at whoatech awhile back too...

always been interested in doing a harley motor with these heads, would be nice...

still rollin the two-four?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlackBomexTalonMay-31-09 02:55 AM
88 posts,
#40206, "RE: the coates heads again"
In response to Reply # 1
May-31-09 02:56 AM by BlackBomexTalon

Its been sitting for a while now since the last time I had the engine done and the new oil pump went out. No shavings or trash, bitch just went out. A year ago I put a stock motor in it with intentions of driving it... didn't happen, and since I swapped motors in the wee hours one night at the body shop I was workin at I forgot about the head gasket and said to hell with it like a dumbass.

This weekend was the first time I touched it again putting in new studs, headgasket, and all the goodies. While sewing her up I realized I dicked the damn 6mm hex bolts for the tensioner. Now I'm going to have to wait till next weekend to get a new mechanical tensioner if I can find one around here.

I'll get serious with her again. I have all the stock bumpers on the way, a nice little holset thats been sitting for a while, plus a complete IRS out of a cobra that I've been pondering on. I'm not going to say too much more than cough cough jegster cough, but I'm low on funds for those ideas right now and don't want to start a nay-sayer war on here.

Anyway, hows the west coast and whats chris up to these days?

2.4 Swapped again...

turbo8uJun-02-09 06:12 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#40248, "RE: the coates heads again"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by BlackBomexTalon
plus a complete IRS out of a cobra that I've been pondering on. I'm not going to say too much more than cough cough jegster cough, but I'm low on funds for those ideas right now and don't want to start a nay-sayer war on here. Anyway, hows the west coast and whats chris up to these days? 2.4 Swapped again...

Chris lives a few miles away and is working as a welder on swing. he's putting his car together too. we've been talking more seriously about a rwd fabrication festival on my car because im building a bike for my daily cruise. Cobra IRS with a 2.4, or what? V8? would be sexy...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

BlackBomexTalonJun-03-09 03:28 AM
88 posts,
#40250, "RE: the coates heads again"
In response to Reply # 3
Jun-03-09 04:06 AM by BlackBomexTalon

There have been mentions of a high strung magnum motor with a dana 60 instead of the 2.5 with IRS. OR one could go really crazy with the bimmer e32 engine.

BTW, theres also a new tranny comming out for the 2.4, the NSG 370 SIX speed. 1=4.46 2=2.61 3=1.72 4=1.25 5=1 6=.81 Its pretty damn compact to fit in the liberty chassis.

With the 3.27 gear in the IRS everything evens out quite nicely. Just fuel for thought ya know?...

And to stay on topic, WITH COATES HEADS.

2.4 Swapped again...

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #40149 Previous topic | Next topic