Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #2189
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Top Gear: Car Dartboard" Previous topic | Next topic
QC DSM ESiTJan-30-06 07:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2189, "Top Gear: Car Dartboard"

This one was new to me so hopefully you guys will get a kick out of it as well.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3765650706577593200

I contributed to the wiki!

95 Eagle Talon ESi-T (BACK FROM THE DEAD!)
98 Dodge Neon R/T
93 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Editon #86 of 325 (sold)
95 Volkswagen GTI VR6 (saved from crusher)(sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
EclipseSixJan-30-06 08:05 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2190, "RE: Top Gear: Car Dartboard"
In response to Reply # 0

lol..europeans

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95_ESi_PersonJan-30-06 09:48 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#2192, "RE: Top Gear: Car Dartboard"
In response to Reply # 1
Jan-30-06 09:49 PM by 95_ESi_Person

I was so happy when the Discovery Channel was showing Top Gear, I actually got my roommate into watching that show! Then I was so dissappointed when they stopped showing it.

Discovery Channel not showing Top Gear made Ryan sad... and yes, Ryan is speaking in the third person right now.

EDITED FOR DRUNKEN REPETITIVENESS

hazardeclipseJan-31-06 03:44 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
#2196, "RE: Top Gear: Car Dartboard"
In response to Reply # 2

Ryan should rejoice. they stopped showing top gear because it's off season right now. the last episode said that. hopefully it returns this fall.

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

ModeratormicyekJan-31-06 04:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#2197, "RE: Top Gear: Car Dartboard"
In response to Reply # 3

I love british lingo...caravan...HA!

That there is an ARE VEE.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

BlackMagicJan-31-06 07:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#2209, "RE: Top Gear: Car Dartboard"
In response to Reply # 4

man that's great, those guys are awesome

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

QC DSM ESiTJan-31-06 07:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#2211, "RE: Top Gear: Car Dartboard"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by micyek
I love british lingo...caravan...HA! That there is an ARE VEE.

lol I have a Haynes manual for my 84 Saab 900 Turbo and in the manual it says everything in British lingo. It even has a conversion in the front for British to English lingo.
Example:
Boot = Trunk
Bonnet = Hood
Bulkhead = Firewall
Petrol Tank = Gas Tank
ah lots of British fun when trying to fix my car.

I contributed to the wiki!

95 Eagle Talon ESi-T (BACK FROM THE DEAD!)
98 Dodge Neon R/T
93 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Editon #86 of 325 (sold)
95 Volkswagen GTI VR6 (saved from crusher)(sold)

95_ESi_PersonJan-31-06 09:05 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#2216, "RE: Top Gear: Car Dartboard"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by hazardeclipse
Ryan should rejoice. they stopped showing top gear because it's off season right now. the last episode said that. hopefully it returns this fall.

My roommated decided to record a re-run of Smallville instead of the last Top Gear. So, I missed that announcement.

Although, none of them made the bullseye, that last car just happened to graze the RV.

HybriDSMJan-31-06 10:23 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
#2221, "RE: Top Gear: Car Dartboard"
In response to Reply # 7
Jan-31-06 10:28 AM by HybriDSM

Anyone who hasn't seen Top Gear, you really need to find a way to get every episode. They just finished series 7 (was shortened because Jeremy's back problems wouldn't allow a full season of thrashing cars about) and the production quality is so good compared to anything we have here that it makes me sick to watch anything we have in the States.

Seriously, go find every episode if you can. I have every single one from series 1-7 and I watch them religiously. I have even converted a few over and watch them on my ipod when I get pangs away from the computer.

They (The British/Europeans) actually understand what cars are all about and understand the difference between "HUGE HP BURNOUT DRAG RACE OMG SO MUCH POWER" and a car that is designed to be nimble, handle and be tossed through corners at the limits of acceptable behavior. 150 hp can be more fun than 500 when you can take turns at 75 as opposed to 40, but manufacturers over here can't understand that, and get the biggest, heaviest, highest hp version of everything and give it a shitty interior and a leaf spring suspension. (Granted our roads don't warrant anything else other than that but I digress).

Also, here is more ranting and raving by the mad 1g asshole.

How does Car & Driver TV showcase the new Range Rover Sport. Go drive it slowly around the countryside putting small blurbs on the screen how much power etc it has and then talking about how great everything is about it. Want to know how Top Gear tested the Sport? They took it out and tested it against a fucking tank, to see if the tank could get turret lock on it before the Sport could make it across a huge field.

Know how they tested the Boxster versus the new AMG SLK? They had each car drive through a military training village and see how many times Jeremy got shot by snipers while driving each car.

Wanna know how they tested the new Lotus Exige? They ran it around a track against and APACHE FUCKING HELICOPTER and tested to see if the chopper could get missle lock on the little fucker without leaving the track boundaries.

Yeah, our car shows are that good too.

Also, they are no longer going to show Top Gear on Discovery anymore. They are creating their own version so we will no longer get Jeremy, Hammond and James. We'll get some ripped off, half as good clone, and it will still blow the doors off of everything we currently have. Our car programming sucks balls.

Also, if you haven't seen this one yet, you're an asshole and deserve to die. I'm kidding but watch it anyway.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5410308909760829459&q=top+gear+bobsled

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

BlackMagicJan-31-06 12:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#2228, "RE: Top Gear: Car Dartboard"
In response to Reply # 8

awesome video, i love the apache video haha

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Dualgen2Feb-02-06 05:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#2357, "RE: Top Gear: Car Dartboard"
In response to Reply # 9

I used to download Top Gear in HS and watched 5th gear w/ Tiff. I'll always remember his description on the old M5...."It's a wolf in sheeps clothing", also the first time they drove a McLaren F1, "we have a race between a really fast car, and a McLaren F1". The newer episodes that Matt is talking about are amazing. The music, videography, and the hosts are awesome. They even made the show funny, something you will never find on Car and Driver or any american show. You will all thank Matt after watching these episodes. I'll add to his list and mention that you guys should watch the Ford GT/Zonda/Ferrari challenge and the Bugatti race vs a plane! Actually just download all 7 seasons like Matt did.

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #2189 Previous topic | Next topic