Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #1912
View in threaded mode

Subject: "its official: CAR IS SOLD to an ICELANDER..." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
tim97rsJan-26-06 05:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1912, "its official: CAR IS SOLD to an ICELANDER..."

money's in the bank! car transport picks it up on Sunday to drive it to Virginia Beach to be put on a boat to Iceland!

Wow... my car is going to Iceland. a big part of the last 5-6 years of my life is going somewhere that still seems kinda sureal.

Cool...

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
injendsmJan-26-06 05:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1913, "RE: its official: CAR IS SOLD to an ICELANDER..."
In response to Reply # 0

congrats tim. what are you doin with the money you made from the sale?

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlizareJan-26-06 05:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#1914, "RE: its official: CAR IS SOLD to an ICELANDER..."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by injendsm
congrats tim. what are you doin with the money you made from the sale?

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

tim97rsJan-26-06 06:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#1915, "RE: its official: CAR IS SOLD to an ICELANDER..."
In response to Reply # 2
Jan-26-06 06:12 PM by tim97rs

$5700 goes to pay off the new project car i already bought: a 1956 austin healey 100-4 BN2 in need of complete restoration! average worth of this model when restored is around $40,000! unlike the eclipse where $12,000 purchase price(6 years ago) + $15,000 or more in work and upgrades gets me $8000 selling price...
the rest of the $ goes to a down payment on a new family car (chrysler 300c, maybe)

it don't look like much now....

but in a couple of years, it should look like this

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

EvMan2345Jan-26-06 06:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#1916, "RE: its official: CAR IS SOLD to an ICELANDER..."
In response to Reply # 2

Congrats- even though i wouldnt exactly call it money "made." More like "got back a tiny fraction of the money i put into it, let alone blood/sweat/tears/time"- I know, as do many others on the board. Well, at least everything went well with the transaction, and its better to not see it at all, than to have some local idiot buy it and wreck it!

Evan B
92 TSI
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

BlizareJan-26-06 08:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#1918, "RE: its official: CAR IS SOLD to an ICELANDER..."
In response to Reply # 4

LOL. At least it has the factory wire wheels

You better get to work man. that looks like 20 years of restoring ahead of you

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

ModeratormicyekJan-27-06 01:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#1919, "RE: its official: CAR IS SOLD to an ICELANDER..."
In response to Reply # 5

I hope you got more parts then that...LOL

Good luck man! Sorry to see another old schooler move on though.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

thedawgJan-27-06 02:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#1922, "RE: its official: CAR IS SOLD to an ICELANDER..."
In response to Reply # 6

A Blitz fiberglass bumper and an aluminum wing would look mad tyte on that.

whodatt1Jan-27-06 03:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#1923, "RE: its official: CAR IS SOLD to an ICELANDER..."
In response to Reply # 7

holy crap Tim, that looks like a lot of work.. basically they gave you some wheels and the undercarriage for $5700. good luck with it! show us progress pics as you go along.

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

TeamDR1665Jan-27-06 05:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#1925, "RE: its official: CAR IS SOLD to an ICELANDER..."
In response to Reply # 8

That chassis needs a 4G63T, AWD and MSnS. That would be dope. You would scare the shit outta other owners. I bet that thing weighs next to nothing.

Excellent taste, though, Tim. The "after" example you shared is about as classy as you can get. (Plus, those cars sound sweet.)

BlizareJan-27-06 07:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#1928, "RE: its official: CAR IS SOLD to an ICELANDER..."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by DR1665
That chassis needs a 4G63T, AWD and MSnS.

Heh.

That would be the coolest event of the year if you did that

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #1912 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic