Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #2425
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Cost For Getting Car Shipped" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTenzoRFeb-04-06 11:09 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2425, "Cost For Getting Car Shipped"

Well I am in Florida my car is in Jersey. I keep finding prices of like $800 for my car to get shipped. Seems expensive. Anywhere I should look or is this about rite.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Diceman19Feb-04-06 11:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2427, "RE: Cost For Getting Car Shipped"
In response to Reply # 0

sounds about right, i had my 1g shipped from NY to Indy and it cost about 850 or so.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipseSixFeb-04-06 12:50 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
#2429, "RE: Cost For Getting Car Shipped"
In response to Reply # 1

Buy me a plane ticket (cheapie for like 80 bucks), and a few tanks of gas and I'll drive it to you a nice tip would be cool too of course.

EclipseTenzoRFeb-04-06 01:59 PM
2386 posts,
#2433, "RE: Cost For Getting Car Shipped"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by EclipseSix
Buy me a plane ticket (cheapie for like 80 bucks), and a few tanks of gas and I'll drive it to you a nice tip would be cool too of course.

If you are serious I may consider it, I need to get my car here. The car has navigation and all so you wont get lost. And I am in the military so if you pulled some shit on me I'll come after you with a few Marines.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

Diceman19Feb-04-06 02:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#2434, "RE: Cost For Getting Car Shipped"
In response to Reply # 3

i would LOVE to drive someone else's car across country, cept i got a job.

Moderatorcs82685Feb-04-06 03:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#2439, "RE: Cost For Getting Car Shipped"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
Originally posted by EclipseSix Buy me a plane ticket (cheapie for like 80 bucks), and a few tanks of gas and I'll drive it to you a nice tip would be cool too of course.
If you are serious I may consider it, I need to get my car here. The car has navigation and all so you wont get lost. And I am in the military so if you pulled some shit on me I'll come after you with a few Marines.

I thought about offering to do the same thing, IT's not a bad idea but think how super pissed you would be if something happened to the car on the drive down, hell i'd be pissed cause your car is just so nice and clean. if you can't do it yourself it might be worth the peace of mind to pay to have it shipped of course they would probably take at least a week and they can just as easily fuck somethin up, but then it would be them/there insurance that would have to pay for the mistake

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

EclipseSixFeb-04-06 03:59 PM
305 posts,
#2442, "RE: Cost For Getting Car Shipped"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by EclipseSix Buy me a plane ticket (cheapie for like 80 bucks), and a few tanks of gas and I'll drive it to you a nice tip would be cool too of course.

If I could spare the time away from my college classes I might consider it, but I have neither the time nor the balls to drive someone else's car across the nation, especially as one as nice as yours.

EclipseTenzoRFeb-04-06 06:36 PM
2386 posts,
#2446, "RE: Cost For Getting Car Shipped"
In response to Reply # 6

I totally agree on what you mean about the what ifs of it breaking down on the way. It does have many miles on it 103k, but you wouldnt have to worry about be turning into a raging manianc. I miss my car alot. Only drove it once when I returned from basic training and not again since.. So it's been quite awhile and the boost bug still itchs inside.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

EclipseSixFeb-05-06 03:24 AM
305 posts,
#2459, "RE: Cost For Getting Car Shipped"
In response to Reply # 7

I totally agree on what you mean about the what ifs of it breaking down on the way. It does have many miles on it 103k, but you wouldnt have to worry about be turning into a raging manianc. I miss my car alot. Only drove it once when I returned from basic training and not again since.. So it's been quite awhile and the boost bug still itchs inside.

Driving your car would make me hate driving mine, hahahaha

RSClipse9d7Feb-05-06 06:32 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#2467, "RE: Cost For Getting Car Shipped"
In response to Reply # 8

If it already has 103K on it would you really want to put the miles from NJ to Florida on there? The other option of shipping would be more expensive and I'm not sure how much safer it would be from damage. I know if something real bad were to happen their insurance would cover it, but small dings and stuff would be a huge hassle. My friend used a company to ship their Corvette from PA to CA and it had all kinds of scratches when it got to their new home. They tried to fight it but in the end gave up because it just wasn't worth the hassle.

If I were you I would just wait until I was home to drive it. I know it's hard, but it's the safest, and cheapest, thing to do. Good luck with whatever you decide.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

EclipseTenzoRFeb-05-06 07:44 PM
2386 posts,
#2517, "RE: Cost For Getting Car Shipped"
In response to Reply # 9
Feb-05-06 07:46 PM by EclipseTenzoR

I would wait if it was an option but given my situation I'll go insane if I dont get my car here. To get off base and into the area of where there are things to do cost $30 one way by cab including tip. And being on base sucks all the time, the majority of my weekend included sleeping and playing need for speed most wanted and call of duty 2 on pc. It sucks, and the worst part is I am stuck on this base until august. It gets way to expensive to take cabs all the time. I spent $200 in 3 days on cabs when my girlfriend came down. It sucks horribly. After all the money I waste on cab rides, I will never again bitch about gas prices and filling my tank.

Edit: And the amount of money I dumped into my car before I left for boot camp. And all the mods and shit I did to my car, makes me want it here even more so that I may be able to enjoy it.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #2425 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic