Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #24495
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu" This topic is locked.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Previous topic | Next topic
Graph-XMay-31-07 07:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24495, "Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"

Some of you know that I have acquired Shamu as a means of keeping my DSM dream alive. I've decided at the request of a few to start chronicling my journey to resurrect her to at first a running daily, then a boosted beauty. I know that she won't be as fast as she was with the original motor, but I will come as close as possible to it with my current 2.0 block. I will be taking pictures today of the current progress and hopefully have them up tonight.

Thanks to the people that have helped thus far. It's been much appreciated.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
TeamDR1665May-28-07 07:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24499, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 0

Whoa....

You're bring Shamu back? That's awesome. Props to you, sir.

Graph-XMay-28-07 08:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#24502, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks Driggs. Right now, I am working on getting the fuel system together. I've checked the lines and they all look good. Now, I just need a fuel pump and FPR, Thanks go to Terry for one of his Star_Turbo_Talon signature fuel rails (minus the signature). I'll be hanging out in the search option for a while since I've never had to do anything with the fuel on the Talon, cept putting in a walhboro. Lucky me, I have a 95 so the FPR could handle the 50 shot of nitrous that I fired off maybe 3 times. I have pictures now of the car as it currently looks and will put them up later tonight or tomorrow (As soon as I can get the cable for the camera from my parents house).

dsmmythMay-28-07 09:36 AM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#24504, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 2

Sweet.

Gay avatar though.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

lild14May-28-07 04:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#24516, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 3
May-28-07 04:44 PM by lild14

Originally posted by dsmmyth
Sweet. Gay avatar though.

+1

=Dan=

98rs eclipse- Mods: BC2, C/F hood, custom turbo system consisting of a PTE SC50, turbosmart ultra gate (10psi), star FMIC and pipes, SFMU, HKS SSQV, 3" V-BAND downpipe from ATP, Zeitronix Wideband LCD displaying boost, egt and 02. *** SOLD and will be missed***

2006 gsxr 750- jardine gp1 exhaust, -1,+2 stealth sprockets, DID 525 chain, JD products pro TRE. 0-60 in a sneeze. ran a 10.8 avg 1/4 mile my first time to the track on street tires, stock swingarm and unstrapped.

Graph-XMay-29-07 12:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#24521, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah well, I decided to stop changing my avatar cause someone seems to always provide me with a new one as soon as I change it. Anyways, back on topic please.

turbo8uMay-29-07 04:30 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#24526, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 5

your avatar is so hef

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Moderatorcs82685May-29-07 04:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#24529, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 6

Good to here you're getting here back on the road.

Originally posted by Graph-X
I've checked the lines and they all look good. Now, I just need a fuel pump and FPR

Are you going with a walbro or just looking for a stocker to get up and running? I've got a donatable spare stocker to help a 2gnt'er bring a car back to life if you need. Although I imagine if you're eventually getting it back to boosted status you may just want to put in a walbro to start.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Graph-XMay-29-07 06:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#24530, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 7

I was originally going to use an external pump, but Terry talked me out of it. I've got a spare walboro that I'm going to put in there. and yes it will eventually be boosted again. First things first... Put the beast back together.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-29-07 06:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#24531, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Graph-X
I know that she won't be as fast as she was with the original motor

That car was never fast. Good luck with the shitbox.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

turbo8uMay-29-07 06:34 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#24533, "RE: Project: In over my head. The resurrection of Shamu"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by Graph-X I know that she won't be as fast as she was with the original motor
That car was never fast. Good luck with the shitbox.

dinowned

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #24495 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Previous topic | Next topic