Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9064
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Ingalls Camber Hardware" Previous topic | Next topic
skinny_oneApr-29-02 05:01 AM
Member since Mar 03rd 2002
258 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9064, "Ingalls Camber Hardware"

I wanted to know how hard these are to install? I am getting a little impatient about waiting to put my Illumina's and H&R's on. Should I just wait until I get my camber hardware? Or can I just throw I on after I do the shocks and springs?

- No Purchase Neccesary. Details Inside.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamXtremeRSApr-29-02 10:56 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9065, "RE: Ingalls Camber Hardware"
In response to Reply # 0

Well i personally would put on the springs first and let the sprins settle for a few days. Then get the car up on an alignment rack to see exactly where your camber is at. Ingalls makes several different kits for as how much your camber is off, so wait until you know how far off it is to see what kit you need. I did the 15 dollar rear camber mod at the time of install, since its an almost definite that you will need at least that. Installing the front camber kit is very simple, at least i think it is. If you can do your springs, then the camber kit install will be cake. For the fronts, all you have to do is take off the 2 nuts on top of the strut tower that hold in the 2 control arm bushing "legs". AFter these are off, you can pull down the wheel assembly(keep the wheel on the car, its easier) and swing out the control arm assembly. Take off each nut and bolt on each control arm bushing leg, and replace the legs with the new ingalls bushing legs. Replace buching nuts and bolts, swing back the control arm, push it back up into the strut tower, and put back on the 2 nuts on top of the strut tower. The rears are just as easy, tire still on the car. Take out 4 bolts that hold the control arm assembly to the car, put in washers between the body and the control arm plate, replace bolts, and you are set.Be sure to have the car raised at whatever wheel you are working on too. Very simple

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

skinny_oneMay-01-02 02:23 PM
258 posts,
#9066, "RE: Ingalls Camber Hardware"
In response to Reply # 1

Should I get an alignment after the install of shocks and springs?
I am having someone else install my springs and stuff. Will I need a spring compressor for the camber kits, this car is my daily driver, I cant affor something flying off the car that is important.

skinny_oneMay-01-02 02:29 PM
258 posts,
#9067, "RE: Ingalls Camber Hardware"
In response to Reply # 2

Another thing. I have the hardware coming. It's on the way. I am just dying to get my Illuminas and H&Rs installed though.

TeamXtremeRSMay-01-02 03:41 PM
6329 posts,
#9068, "RE: Ingalls Camber Hardware"
In response to Reply # 2

>
>
>
> Should I get an alignment after the install of shocks and
>springs?
> I am having someone else install my springs and stuff.
>Will I need a spring compressor for the camber kits, this
>car is my daily driver, I cant affor something flying off
>the car that is important.

Yes you will need an alignment after the install. But dont get a final alignment untill you have your camber kits installed, since it will change your readings. I put on my springs, along with the rear camber mod. Took it to get an alignment after a few days. They put the car on the rack and gave me the readout of the current specs. My rears were just about ok for camber, but toe was way off. Fronts needed about 1.25 degrees of camber, toe was way off.They didnt charge me to look at the car, which was good, no point in adjusting the toe now. So i got the ingalls front kit, put it on, and then take my car back to get the final alignment done. You don't need to take the springs/struts out to do the front or rear camber kits. Read my earlier post on how to do the kits. Its very easy, and no need really to take off the wheels.

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

skinny_oneMay-01-02 04:47 PM
258 posts,
#9069, "RE: Ingalls Camber Hardware"
In response to Reply # 4

What i meant by alignment after install was immeadiately after. From the shop to another. I really really don't want to chew my tires up.

TeamXtremeRSMay-02-02 03:27 AM
6329 posts,
#9070, "RE: Ingalls Camber Hardware"
In response to Reply # 5

Well you dont' have to get it done right after install. BUT i would not drive around much until you get the camber kits in and then an alignment. I drove around for about a good week before i did my front camber and alignment after the install. It didn't steer or handle the greatest, but it was ok to drive. Dont worry about tire wear, you won't really do much harm at all if you just drive a little hear and there. Dont take a long trip or anything, just around town diriving will be just fine. Although, the sooner the better to get the car within facory alignment specs. I wouldn't go over a week personally.

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

skinny_oneMay-02-02 02:07 PM
258 posts,
#9071, "RE: Ingalls Camber Hardware"
In response to Reply # 6

Thanks.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9064 Previous topic | Next topic