Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8559
View in threaded mode

Subject: "anybody ever replace front wheel bearings/hubs?" Previous topic | Next topic
koolade9Apr-10-02 05:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8559, "anybody ever replace front wheel bearings/hubs?"

I'm about 99% positive my passanger side front wheel bearing is going out. I'm lookin in the chilton manual and it looks like I need to replace the whole hub, it also looks like it's not that hard to do. has anybody done this? if so, is there a part of this I'm missing? or do I need to get the hub pressed out or anything? fill me in, I need to change this ASAP!! thanks in advance guys

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
fasterGSApr-10-02 08:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8560, "RE: anybody ever replace front wheel bearings/hubs?"
In response to Reply # 0

ive done it on older cars and it wasnt that hard, dunno bout 2gnts.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Eclipse97Apr-10-02 10:00 PM
Member since Dec 06th 2001
539 posts,
#8561, "RE: anybody ever replace front wheel bearings/hubs?"
In response to Reply # 1

I did mine couple of months ago..., it would've been alot easier if I wasn't in michigan. every bolt was stuck because of rust, due to the salt they put on the roads.

anyhow, the biggest problem was to take the axel nut off, it was rusted real bad. after that everything is fairly easy and self explainatory. You might need a special tool to push the axel out of the hub. I don't remember the name of it right now but you can rent it from autozone.

Good Luck

Moderator992gntApr-11-02 09:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8562, "RE: anybody ever replace front wheel bearings/hubs?"
In response to Reply # 2

The bearing/hub assembly has to be unbolted (4 bolts on the backside of the spindle) and then pressed out. The new ones just get pressed in and bolted down. If you have access to a press and have someone to help you, I would recommend leaving the upper, lower, and lateral control arms attached to the spindle. It make it harder to work with, but that way you don't have to worry about getting the above named pieces off and back on without cutting grease boot or ruining one of the studs.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

koolade9Apr-11-02 02:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
#8563, "RE: anybody ever replace front wheel bearings/hubs?"
In response to Reply # 3

so I couldn't get it with a puller??

koolade9Apr-17-02 02:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
#8564, "RE: anybody ever replace front wheel bearings/hubs?"
In response to Reply # 4

anybody?? do i need to have em pressed, or can I use a puller??

Eclipse97Apr-17-02 03:19 PM
Member since Dec 06th 2001
539 posts,
#8565, "RE: anybody ever replace front wheel bearings/hubs?"
In response to Reply # 5

you can use a puller

Good Luck

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8559 Previous topic | Next topic