Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #5682
View in threaded mode

Subject: "shaking car" Previous topic | Next topic
PowerEclipsesJan-16-02 08:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5682, "shaking car"

just wondering my car seems to be shaking alot around 70-80 mph, could that be because of a bent wheel also would our brakes make a noise when they are bad? thanks

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
optimuspetersonJan-16-02 08:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5683, "RE: shaking car"
In response to Reply # 0

ahh don't worry about it man...if anyone ever says anything about it tell them its "custom". but really i don't know the answer.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Eric97GSJan-16-02 08:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
325 posts,
#5684, "RE: shaking car"
In response to Reply # 1

Check and see if your tires are balanced. Thats what happened with mine my drivers front got out of balance and I had a vibration from about 65-85. Also the breaks do start to make noise when they are bad.

97 Eclipse GS

iamnotwhoiamJan-16-02 08:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#5685, "RE: shaking car"
In response to Reply # 0

wheels might need to be balanced.. and if the car shakes some when braking then the rotors are warped.. but more than likely one or more of your wheels are out of balance.. take it somewhere and get it taken care of if you can, that can wear out your tires bad if not taken car of, plus the unpleasant ride..

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

vegasdsmrJan-16-02 08:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#5686, "RE: shaking car"
In response to Reply # 3

dude, its prolly the bent wheel. when i drifted into a curb, i couldnt drive over 30 without shaking violently.

i would get your shit balanced, and talk to the mechanic and see what his opinion is.

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

PowerEclipsesJan-16-02 09:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#5687, "RE: shaking car"
In response to Reply # 4

im taking to get it inspected soon, i will make them do it, thanks but i have a compressor so i can balance it out, i will make them straighten the wheel out

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

helldiversJan-16-02 05:38 PM
Member since Jan 12th 2002
8 posts,
#5688, "RE: shaking car"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah~ same as me.
Shaking above 60-80 mph and brake noise....

I have some 'custom' situation here.
I went to a local garage and made tires balanced.
still shaking... even more slip or sliding on the highway.
Some told me that axel might be going out...

Brakes... They said it's because of cheap brake pads.
So I decide to enjoy that sound. The power of mind control....

I love Elipse. But my car has too many problems....
You guys think I bought wrong one not like you?
Well~ I once had 10 year-modification plan, I almost gave it up
though... Tell me someting please.

'95 Eclipse GS

9D9 MITSU RSJan-17-02 04:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#5689, "RE: shaking car"
In response to Reply # 6

my brakes went bad and made an embarassing squeal all the time when the pads wore out.

jZaJan-17-02 04:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#5690, "RE: shaking car"
In response to Reply # 7

probably balance or alignment needed,could be worse i guess but not likely. Most disc brakes squeel, especially with metal pads, when they are going bad, it will be a very long squeel

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

PowerEclipsesJan-17-02 07:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#5691, "RE: shaking car"
In response to Reply # 8

yaaaaa damnit i guess i got to get breaks, what kind of breaks do you recommend?

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #5682 Previous topic | Next topic