Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3375
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Didn't cut bumpstops, problem?" Previous topic | Next topic
alexriesJul-23-01 01:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3375, "Didn't cut bumpstops, problem?"

I installed H&R springs (1.5in drop) and the instructions said to cut the front bumpstops down by 1/2 an inch. I didn't do this, so far it hasn't affected my ride and I haven't bottomed out yet, so is this all cool? Or is my ride super bouncy because I'm riding ON the bumstops and just don't know it.

NOTE: I have stock struts.

Coo'
1997 RS
AEM Cold Air Intake
B&M Short Shifter
Trust Shift Knob STOLEN
GReddy Shoulder Pads STOLEN
Trust EVO Exhaust
Front Upper Strut Bar
Rear Upper Strut Bar
H&R Sport Springs
AutoMeter A/F Ratio Gauge
Sony CDX610 ($400 Headunit) STOLEN
'tis it

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
phatGSJul-23-01 03:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3376, "RE: Didn't cut bumpstops, problem?"
In response to Reply # 0

you're ride is super bouncy because of stock struts (mine is too....). cutting bumpstops just gives more shock travel (i cut mine in half)

Brandon
AIM: DSMitsu95
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM CAI w/ bypass
Maxspeed Coilovers
Pilot FU STB
2 12" Pioneer IMPP's
Best ET: 17.243 @ 80.67 mph

"Illegal? Yes. Dangerous? No doubt. But for those few, fleeting seconds as we party with Power and Speed, the insanity seems to makes absolute sense."

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

alexriesJul-23-01 06:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#3377, "RE: Didn't cut bumpstops, problem?"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah I knew it would be bouncy because of the stock struts but I thought I might be riding the bumpstops. I mainly left them uncut because I didn't want the struts to compress too far all the time and blow on me soo.... Whatever.

Coo'
1997 RS
AEM Cold Air Intake
B&M Short Shifter
Trust Shift Knob STOLEN
GReddy Shoulder Pads STOLEN
Trust EVO Exhaust
Front Upper Strut Bar
Rear Upper Strut Bar
H&R Sport Springs
AutoMeter A/F Ratio Gauge
Sony CDX610 ($400 Headunit) STOLEN
'tis it

95ESiJul-27-01 05:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#3378, "RE: Didn't cut bumpstops, problem?"
In response to Reply # 2

should they be cut or not?? when I did mine, I cut the bump stops...so I'm not sure if I should when I do it again? (my car is totaled)

Boost is GOOOOOOOD!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3375 Previous topic | Next topic