Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31726
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Grinding noise when braking" Previous topic | Next topic
MattitudeV1Oct-19-07 01:50 PM
Member since Aug 27th 2004
120 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31726, "Grinding noise when braking"

Had my pads, rotors, and calipers replaced over the summer. Been braking fine until recently I've been getting this scraping/grinding noise coming from the front of the car when applying the brakes. It got a lot worse today, I can hear it the loudest when I'm driving real slow, then braking.

What could be the cause of this?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RoninEclipse2GOct-20-07 02:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31727, "RE: Grinding noise when braking"
In response to Reply # 0

check for stuck calipers, when everything got put back together the caliper slide pins probably didn't get relubed and froze up causing the caliper to hang up and burn up your inside pad on one or both calipers. I have seen this WAY too often.

if this is the case you'll probably need new pads and rotors again.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModifiedElementOct-20-07 10:04 AM
Member since Apr 06th 2007
17 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31728, "RE: Grinding noise when braking"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
check for stuck calipers, when everything got put back together the caliper slide pins probably didn't get relubed and froze up causing the caliper to hang up and burn up your inside pad on one or both calipers. I have seen this WAY too often. if this is the case you'll probably need new pads and rotors again.

I would agree. I had a similar problem on my Bronco and the front driver side caliper had froze up.

It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked

RoninEclipse2GOct-20-07 10:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#31729, "RE: Grinding noise when braking"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by ModifiedElementI would agree. I had a similar problem on my Bronco and the front driver side caliper had froze up.

Try working at an auto parts store, this was a daily problem

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

twackDec-08-07 01:02 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2007
50 posts,
#31730, "RE: Grinding noise when braking"
In response to Reply # 0

are ytou serious either there worn down or they are rubbing on metal

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31726 Previous topic | Next topic