Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31657
View in threaded mode

Subject: "my e-brake light comes on??????" Previous topic | Next topic
blitzeclipse98Sep-09-03 01:44 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
53 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31657, "my e-brake light comes on??????"

depending on how hard a press my brake my ebrake light will come on. i was thinking it could be cuz the braking is causing the contact to move, but i held down the ebrake while i braked and it still did it. it couldnt be like a low brake pad or drum warning could it? i dunno... fill me in.

thx

Matt
NJ

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ezSep-09-03 02:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31658, "RE: my e-brake light comes on??????"
In response to Reply # 0

check your brake fluid level. (probably the most likely culprit) our sensor is super sensitive. my brake light went on when the level looked fine - but I put more fluid in it and the light went off

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CoprEklipzSep-09-03 02:27 PM
Member since May 23rd 2003
614 posts,
#31659, "RE: my e-brake light comes on??????"
In response to Reply # 1

>check your brake fluid level. (probably the most likely
>culprit) our sensor is super sensitive. my brake light went on
>when the level looked fine - but I put more fluid in it and
>the light went off

What he said. Just had the same problem last week...added more fluid (after playing with the e-brake sensor for a few hours ) and finally realized it doubles as a low fluid indicator. Stupid, but it works.

bono316Sep-09-03 02:30 PM
Member since Jul 14th 2003
301 posts,
#31660, "RE: my e-brake light comes on??????"
In response to Reply # 2

Yup, it's probably your fluid.

Raven457Sep-10-03 05:55 AM
Member since Nov 24th 2002
213 posts,
#31661, "RE: my e-brake light comes on??????"
In response to Reply # 3

>Yup, it's probably your fluid.

... which usually gets low for a reason - his pads might be fairly worn down, or he may have a leak somewhere. Time to break out the jack and the lug wrench, and give things a quick checking out.

turbo8uSep-10-03 08:44 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#31662, "RE: my e-brake light comes on??????"
In response to Reply # 3

blinker fluid
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

ughhheadSep-10-03 09:04 AM
Member since Jul 05th 2003
775 posts,
#31663, "RE: my e-brake light comes on??????"
In response to Reply # 3

HOWEVER, i have am experiencing that problem right now, except gradually over the past few weeks its stayed on for a longer and longer period of time. i'm now to the point where my ebrake light doesn't not go off. last time i had this happen, it was when i owned my 1g n/t. i changed my rear brakes and all was good. no more ebrake light. now that i've read this though, i'll go home and put some break fluid in and see what happens. if that doesn't work, then my weekend project is gonna be my rear breaks. i'll tell you what happens.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31657 Previous topic | Next topic