Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30628
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Motor Mounts" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
talonesiracingAug-05-07 02:36 PM
Member since Jul 12th 2007
97 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30628, "Motor Mounts"

Where is the best place to get urethane?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
freelancefoolAug-05-07 03:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30629, "RE: Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 0

I got mine from Howell. They actually showed up in a week though. You could try www.roadraceengineering.com if you don't want to go through Howell.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

talonesiracingAug-05-07 03:35 PM
97 posts,
#30630, "RE: Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 1

Sorry I meant that I wanted to fill the mounts myself, not inserts, if thats what you meant.

freelancefoolAug-05-07 04:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#30631, "RE: Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 2

Yea. I was speaking about where to buy the inserts. I would think you could buy some quick curing window weld from Home Depot. Although, I have not checked myself.

My Blog

Slo2gAug-06-07 03:46 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#30632, "RE: Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 3

should be able to get it from like Sherman Williams or something. If not then try a marine shop.

talonesiracingAug-06-07 08:58 AM
97 posts,
#30633, "RE: Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 4

Thanks guys, I do know they don't have it at pepboys. I'm going to run to home depot tonight. I'll let you know what I find.

talonesiracingAug-06-07 11:09 AM
97 posts,
#30634, "RE: Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 5

anybody know the difference between polyurethane and urethane?

goalie40Aug-06-07 12:57 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#30635, "RE: Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 6

just 4 letters

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

freelancefoolAug-06-07 01:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#30636, "RE: Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 7

I believe the polyurethane will be a bit stiffer and won't flex as much whereas the urethane will still be a bit softer and will flex more.

My Blog

talonesiracingAug-07-07 06:34 AM
97 posts,
#30637, "RE: Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 8

yeah I got some polyurethane at home depot. Hopefully this shit works.

talonesiracingAug-11-07 07:02 AM
97 posts,
#30641, "RE: Motor Mounts"
In response to Reply # 9

this shit works great. go to home depot and get polyurethane. It's in a brown tube.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30628 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic