Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29588
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Brakes Dont Work Right PLease Help" Previous topic | Next topic
shwallerJul-09-06 09:52 AM
Member since Jun 22nd 2006
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29588, "Brakes Dont Work Right PLease Help"

I have to push extremely hard on my brake pedal to get my 97 nt to stop. I have done all the checks for airtightness and brake booster failure and it does not seem to be that. The failure started the other day when I was just leaving my driveway and i heard a slight pop sound come from the front wheel and ever since the my brakes have not worked correctly. I checked all brake lines, vacuum hoses, and fluid levels and none of them are malfunctioning.
PLease let me know what i can do. This is really putting a damper on this week as I am putting my new forged bottom end in w/ a 25g mitsu turbo.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
bloodyangel1Jul-09-06 05:43 PM
Member since Aug 02nd 2005
332 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29589, "RE: Brakes Dont Work Right PLease Help"
In response to Reply # 0

master cylinder maybe? you said the lines were good right? maybe try bleeding them, because if there is air in the system, the pedal will travel to the floor easily, but will still stop, but barely, although i dont know how you would all of a sudden get air in the system?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-09-06 06:32 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#29590, "RE: Brakes Dont Work Right PLease Help"
In response to Reply # 0

If you heard a pop in the drivers side then why dont you disassemble that side to see what the problem is. Confusious say: if you hear pop from the drivers side and car refuse to stop, problem in driver side.

Terry

TeamDR1665Jul-09-06 07:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#29591, "RE: Brakes Dont Work Right PLease Help"
In response to Reply # 2

Could be that the caliper took a shit on you. If you've got a leak there, that would certainly do it. I'd yank that caliper and take a peek at it.

shwallerJul-10-06 12:20 PM
6 posts,
#29593, "RE: Brakes Dont Work Right PLease Help"
In response to Reply # 3

I checked both front calipers and neither is frozen in fact the piston reacts very well. Could it be the booster even if all of my checks for airtightness passed. I recently installed the obx intake manifold a few months back and ran into a problem with a crimped booster hose but i fixed that and have had no brake problems since. If there is a slight leak around where the booster hose attaches to the manifold could that make it brake slow. It just seems funny to me that this would just happen all of the sudden with no master cylinder leaks, no frozen calipers, and no pinched hoses.

shwallerJul-11-06 12:05 PM
6 posts,
#29597, "RE: Brakes Dont Work Right PLease Help"
In response to Reply # 4

SO it ended up being the piece of crap ceramic pads i bought a few months back at autozone. They are brand new and already are worthless. Thanks for the help though.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29588 Previous topic | Next topic